Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller rereleasing a dual trailer load of kist!

Foxer

I always liked Heller kits and the odd (for here) cars they did. I have a few on the bench I had to search and pay large for.

Today Hobby Search had about every kit I knew of listed for January release. A pretty amazing list, IMO.

Bugatti%20T50%2010295242_zpstk0pd4es.jpg

Ren%20turbo%2010141660_zps7hvjrh3p.jpg

Edited by Foxer

All I get from the link is an Ad for Gmail.............:blink:

The link is what I get in email showing their newest car models. I can't find a direct link with all these new kit announcements on their site. It's my bad ... it's a link to the email I got, so that's why you're not seeing it. This is a link direct to Hobby Search cars section.

I'm happy to forward it to anyone if you give me your email.

edit: I sent the link to my wife and she gets everything. Not sure why you don't see it, ED. PM me your email and I'll forward it to you.

Edited by Foxer

Whether any of these new kits will ever appear is unclear.

They were bought out and undergoing restructuring in March.

That explains this large release from out of the blue, to me anyway.

I'm going off my NoBuy status for a few of those!

HobbyLink Japan has (or had) the majority of those January 2017 reissues still in stock from when they were all run last year. I'd like to get the Delage, Vivastella, and Estefette Van, I seem to recall all of those kits that are showing November release dates were also scheduled for 4Q reissues back at Nuremberg in February.  The only thing that's truly AWOL at this point is the Ferguson tractor.

Edited by niteowl7710

The newly tooled Estafette and the also newly tooled Ferguson tractor have not yet been produced.

After the Maped acquisition, it was decided to continue kit production, why else would Maped, actually a stationary and school untensil company, have acquired a kit manufacturer?
However, the immediate future will obviously be secured by reissuing whatever can be reissued and this isn't relegeted to the car kits. Look what they are reissuing in the motorcycle,
lorry, ship and aeroplane departments!

However, some of those kits had been reissued quite recently and there is still plenty of stock at the dealers, which could work against Heller. Also, it looks like some of the kits we haven't
seen in decades are again not considered for this round of reissues, first and foremost the 1/43 scale kits of the VW K70, Leyland Princess, Rover 3500, Peugeot 604, Citroen CX, Renault 30 TS,
UR Range Rover, Alfasud, Porsche 928 and probably some others I've forgotten.
Some interesting late 60s - early 70s formula 1, sports and rally cars were meanwhile released by other companies, including AMT and Union, and their continued absence from the reissue list
makes me believe their tooling is either no longer owned by Heller, or at least currently not in France.

My guess is, if we don't shop Heller like crazy in the immediate future, we will never see the Fordson and the Estafette, let alone some other stuff they might have had in the pipeline.