Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got my model building mojo back!

The Mefistofele box says over 500 parts....! Here's to hoping the chain links don't have mold lines....... :P

I've built Pochers with 2500+ parts. A Pocher RR kit has more than 400 parts in each wheel!

500 parts I can do with one hand tied behind my back! :D

Ha, you must mean my models!  I'll get 100 views and 2 comments.  I just laugh and imagine guys looking at my light commercial project, thinking to himself, "Dam, not a Hemi." And clicking back to the index! 

Give these boys some culture Harry!   :D

One of those must be my comment ... I say "thank god, not ANOTHER Hemi!"  :D

Pretty neat subjects,  so we should be seeing them  "Under Glass" soon ?

Well, I haven't even received them yet. They are due to arrive by July 6. And then it will be quite some time before you'll see anything under glass... they are both pretty involved kits, with many hundreds of parts each.

But I do plan on doing a full-blown WIP on each. So stay tuned... :D

In the meantime, here's a Fiat I have already built...

f29_zpse43b2d52.jpg

Glad you feel like building again.

I've always been a vintage Fiat fan, particularly the 806 just because of its looks. Started half-azzed looking for one after seeing it built elsewhere on this forum, I believe.

Seeing your typical museum-quality results should inspire me to part with more money.  :D

Well, I haven't even received them yet. They are due to arrive by July 6. And then it will be quite some time before you'll see anything under glass... they are both pretty involved kits, with many hundreds of parts each.

But I do plan on doing a full-blown WIP on each. So stay tuned... :D

In the meantime, here's a Fiat I have already built...

Ahh right, you mentioned that in the OP, that they have not arrived yet, I forgot that part in between the time I read the OP just shortly after you created the thread till the point I made my reply.

That is a very nice Fiat.

Ok, all you linguists out there.

Is it I-ta-LER-i or I-TAL-er-i?

I-ta-LER-i would be the closest. Although I often still hear the company called "I-tal-IER-ee", which would be very close to how the company name was originally spelled. I tend to use both pronunciations equally.

Glad you have your mojo back and I could hear it in Austin Powers voice. Just kidding Harry, I and so good to hear your waiting and ready for your kits and they do look like your type of subject. I will enjoy following them...

Glad you have your mojo back and I could hear it in Austin Powers voice. Just kidding Harry, I and so good to hear your waiting and ready for your kits and they do look like your type of subject. I will enjoy following them...

I heard it in Dirty Harry's voice. And I also heard something more. 

Got my model building mojo back! And you punk? Feeling inspired? 

I had the pleasure to see and hear the mefistofele at the goodwood festival of speed back n 2011. even more, I had the pleasure of talking for quite a while with the mechanic which takes care of it (the bald guy starting the car in the video). he doesn't speak english and was relieved to finally had a chat in italian with someone. the only thing they changed from the original is that big brass nut holding the steering wheel as a sort of "quickly detatcheable" mechanism for the car, since it has the tendency of catching fire quite easily (apparently exposed 1920s wiring and the petrol fumes even in an open cockpit don't mix well) :D

also, see that big thick bar they use to start it? he showed me one very much bent the previous day. apparently one of the two magnetos was slightly out of synch

I'm new to the forum, and  I'm going to enjoy this build very much since I have a true love for this car, and I'm totally amazed by harry's skills. so much that I'll probably give up modelling because of it :lol:

looking forward to seeing the updates

diego