Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

73 Porsche RS 2.4

Scalper

Hello..

I finally completed this one. Testor's issue of the Fujimi kit. Paint is Testor's one coat Blazing black. no gloss. This kit was a fighter. I probably took the rear end about 20 times to get it to sit right.

Even though its not perfect. I am still pretty happy with it.  Now to decide what Porsche kit I should start next.

All comments welcomed.

Thanks for looking

Nice Porsche Andre.  I would put a License plate on it to cover the holes. I really like the metal flake black....

Thanks Carl. I'm still waiting on doing a bunch of ontario plates to go on all my models.  Once I have the plates I will out them on all of my builds. 

Looks pretty good to me, but I really don't like the grossly out of scale metalflake paint.

Thanks Harry.   Will we ever find a metallic paint that is to scale ? 

At least the paint looks better on the caprice I did. 

Thanks you.  This was the first model that I almost threw at the walk. I am sure many of theses did hit walls or put back in it's box.  It was a challenge 

Know that feeling all too well. You showed better control than me, just last week I lost it over the body on my Tamiya Ferrari F-40 Shell kit and I totally crunched it up in my hands and threw it away. Thank God I had another one.

Thanks.  

The front wheels I did not want to mess with them. Back end was giving me enough trouble. The body on the front sat a little high. Tried my best to glue it down as much as I could. At least it's level.  

Thanks for the comments. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks Harry.   Will we ever find a metallic paint that is to scale ? 

At least the paint looks better on the caprice I did. 

Nice Porsche, André !

Revell Germany had "car metallics" as spray paints long ago (I still have some) to avoid this problem, but I've got no idea if they offer them still...