Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Oldsmobile 442 W-30

bogger44

I wrapped this one up last weekend.  I was looking for a pretty simple, straight forward build and this filled the bill.  I did, however, raise the suspension slightly as this kit has always seemed to sit a bit too low in my eyes.  And of course, added some wiring under the hood. For paint, I switched up from my usual as of late loud color choices and went with Model Master GM Light Gray Metallic Lacquer.  I was quite pleased how it looks on the Olds, just a little disappointed that the decals silvered a bit but oh well. There's no license plates on it yet, but I'll scrounge up a pair to my liking sometime.  Thanks for looking guys and any comments.

When I first saw this, I was on my cell phone.  I had to fire up the laptop just so I could see bigger pictures! :D  My first car, many years ago, was an Olds Cutlass, so I have a special spot in my heart for this body style.  What a great model!  As Dan Tier said a few post above, I just keep on looking at this one.  Thanks for sharing.

Great lookin model.  I had a 68 in high school. I used modelhaus parts to convert a 69 back to a 68 about 22 years ago.  I have the pieces again to do another conversion someday.  Again,  your loOKs really good. 

Very cool, wish I had the parts to build a 68.

Bogger, I can't call myself an expert, as I haven't seen a whole lot of these built, but to my eyes, this is by far the best build of a 69 Cutlass I've seen.  Beautiful job!!

Wow, thanks a lot Kevin.  I'm sure it's not the best one out there, but I sure appreciate the compliment.  

Thank you for all the compliments guys.  It really is a good kit, no real issues to deal with at all.

When I first saw this, I was on my cell phone.  I had to fire up the laptop just so I could see bigger pictures! :D  My first car, many years ago, was an Olds Cutlass, so I have a special spot in my heart for this body style.  What a great model!  As Dan Tier said a few post above, I just keep on looking at this one.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks John.  I've got a soft spot for Cutlasses, too.  I've never owned one, but my Dad had a 71, and once nearly bought a 69 442.