Model Cars Magazine Forum

Follow the directions

Had a little fun remembering things with the current threads, I scanned some of my old directions in search of the stuffed animals, ended up with trailers, odds and ends.

Do you remember ''NoTox', or 'Thermal plastic'? There is a post card membership application for a model club that was like a record club, did anyone belong?

take a graze down some nostalgia

greg

http://public.fotki.com/GLMFAA1/follow-the-directions/

Note the Mannlicher rifle in the '63 Imperial - isn't that what Lee Harvey Oswald used? :blink:

Not really. That's a Mannlicher sporting rifle, and LHO used a military surplus Carcano. Very little if any relationship between the two.

I was in that mail order model club.  After the first model that I got to pick, everything went to pot.  I built only cars then and got Lunar Lander set (not interested at that time), commercial jet liner (not interested at that time), and I think a Viking ship (not interested at that time).  After that, I just went to the hobby store and got what I wanted...