Model Cars Magazine Forum

300SL Gullwing

Danger

And here is another build from 2016, the Tamiya 300SL Gullwing.

Built box stock with a TS-17 Gloss Aluminum exterior and red interior. Everything works on the car. Wheels rotate and steering works. hood and doors fully open. I also dipped the clear bottom in Future. This made the frosted bottom much cleared and you can see the under-carriage details.

I wish I had more pics of it, but i'll have to wait for a decent day outside.  

Danger

https://dangervideo.smugmug.com/Models

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

Really outstanding work, Adam.  Your detail work is great and the finish on your model is just right.

One question.  You did a great job on painting the hubcaps around he Mercedes logo.  Did you use any special technique other than a fine brush and a steady hand? 

Congratulations on a really nice build. 

Here are the pics again. Not sure why they were deleted as they were uploaded to the forum. You can also click on my smugmug website below and look under German cars to see the pics. 

All the openings parts fit very well. I even sanded the edges of the doors and hood to create a little room for paint buildup, but it wasn't necessary. This was a gorgeous kit to build. Great detail and the parts fit together perfectly. One of my favourite cars of all time. 

Danger

https://dangervideo.smugmug.com/Models 

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG