Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram's Hemi Fiat - 1/32nd Scale

gasser59

Got the tank and pipes on so things are wrapping up with the chassis. Still a bit of body work to do since one of the exhaust piped on the left side touches. Still gotta plumb the tank to the fuel pump but I want to make sure the glue was completely dry so I'll do that tomorrow. Still have the shifter to do as well. Here's a pic of the tank and pipes. Just for grins, I took a pic of it sitting on a dollar.

More to follow.

Well, on Sunday I was planning on putting some paint on this body and just as I started, a hair fell on the door. I pulled it off and threw the body in the purple pond. It was a blessing in disguise as the blue paint seemed a bit darker then the box art. So now the paint has been stripped, the body re-prepped and a lighter color of blue is ready for application. Hopefully tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ha!! Bet you thought I forgot about this one. Thanks for all of the comments fellas. They're much appreciated.

Pulled this one down off the shelf to do the final prep for DSC next Saturday. Got the inside of the body painted flat black along with the parachute. These tires cast by Fireball are so sticky, not sure how I'll go about cleaning them. If this was 1:1 I wouldn't worry about it, they'd have so much grip.

MonogramFiat1-vi.jpg

MongoramFiat12-vi.jpg

MongoramFiat11-vi.jpg

Getting close, very close.

Edited by gasser59

Brad, great work in one of the lesser scales.

detail master has "foot" gas pedals that might work in this but you would have to mount it upside down.

Let me know if you want one, I have a spare.

Is it possible Chief Joseph would let other builders acquire 1/32 scale wheel/tire sets you had special ordered?