Model Cars Magazine Forum

CANNONBALL 2017

Jantrix

Here are a few (mostly) finished pics of the 330. There are still a few more changes I'm working on that will be made shortly. My only real dislike with this car is the hood fitment. It lined up perfectly in the primer stage. Well it doesn't now. :huh::rolleyes: One of the changes will be the aluminum cover thing in front of the intake. I couldn't find the original piece to modify until last night. The paint is Duplicolor Mirage Tri-Coat. It really pops in sunlight and the color change is awesome. Any questions and critiques welcomed!

IMG_3483.JPG

IMG_3484.JPG

IMG_3485.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3490.JPG

IMG_3495.JPG

That chameleon color is crazy Riley. Every picture the car looks a different color. Nice work and congrats on completing.

A reminder to you and everyone else who finishes that you will still need to post your pics to the Finished Build thread when it gets posted. Voters will be sent to that thread to select their favorite entry.

Great paintwork Riley, that colour changing paintwork should confuse the cops. :)

Congrats on the new place Rob, it looks great.

I didn't take part in the last two runs and I know that there are only a few weeks to go but I'm going to make a late entry with this.

36845321674_eb75efed5a_z.jpg

As you can probably guess from the condition of the box the decals are completely shot but all the parts are OK, just in need of a wash.

36845343854_0b968ab265_z.jpg

37523902692_a043e51f04_z.jpg

Like most of my builds this will be basically box stock but I will be changing the colour.  

Looking good folks.

Good luck establishing the People's Republic of Jantrix mate.

So, October.
Time to get to work then.
I've got the engine mountings sorted along with the front suspension and the firewall.
I'm currently adding cowl induction and front coiler mounts will be next followed by extractors and a radiator.  Lots of room under the bonnet of this thing even with a 762 cube donk in there.

37631331321_5c6f9e8d7b_z.jpgCannonball Caprice WIP 11-10-17 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

36920591434_811998b0e6_z.jpgCannonball Caprice WIP 11-10-17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Now i'm getting into gear i'll try and post more WIP pics.

Edited by zenrat
Because of the voices in my head.

Looking good Fred.

The Trans Am is coming together quickly, so far the engine is mostly done and the suspension and exhaust fitted.

36988330944_0c7ffb9de1_z.jpg

37649764316_b598af7713_z.jpg

The bumpers and side skirts have been fitted to the body. They fitted OK after a bit of fettling.

37698647131_57fd5227f4_z.jpg

Finally for now, a quick mock up.

37440835900_b19a4b99a4_z.jpg

That should do the trick Erik.

I've been doing bodywork.  Cowl induction, body shaved and bumpers narrowed and moulded in.  I'll put some pics up when i've finished the PSR and shot a final coat of primer.  Shouldn't be too long.
Also, extractors have been fabricated, painting has commenced on the chassis, inner wheels have been painted, 4 point cage fabricated, dash modified and seats prepped for paint.
When it comes to paint i've been thinking about some 80's inspired graphics.

Good stuff Dave.

I was pondering how tech has evolved over the years i've been doing this.  When I built the lil Nissan on a NASCAR chassis for the second or third run I included big boxes to represent a computer navigation and communications system.  This year i'll scratch up a tablet or smart phone and that'll be it (apart from the CB put in the dash for old times sake).

Having finished the bodywork I painted it today.  German Orange.
37930275746_db6c203391_z.jpgPro Lux WIP 28-10-17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Edited by zenrat