Model Cars Magazine Forum

CANNONBALL 2017

Jantrix

Sorry to hear that Karl. Would like to have seen that Camaro at the starting line.

I've been sick for almost a week but I finally saw a doctor yesterday and with some horse pills I'm on the quick mend. I've dabbled with the corvette slightly but I've got all day today to work on it and plan to do a lot of catch up. Pics soon.

Edited by Lunajammer

1 hour ago, 426 pack said:

Not looking good for team Monaco. I just pulled the tape of from trying to fix the paint and just made a biger mess. 

I was thinking since some people are in different time zones dose that mean the end time will be different for the different time zones?  

When in doubt, scuff it up, add a wash, and call it weathered.

4 hours ago, 426 pack said:

Not looking good for team Monaco. I just pulled the tape of from trying to fix the paint and just made a biger mess. 

I was thinking since some people are in different time zones dose that mean the end time will be different for the different time zones?  

Sorry to hear about the repair results.

Good question about the end time.

I think the honor system would suggest the cutoff time to be Friday, Dec. 1st, midnight PM in the time zone in which you reside, since that's probably how we all started. But I don't think anyone plans to police participants' time zones so as long as you're done by the time we rise the next morning, there shouldn't be any complaints.

Edited by Lunajammer

I don't think I'll be finished by midnight tomorrow but I won't be far off.  The interior tub is done and the body painted with Tamiya Mica Red.

24879907598_a8904bd520_z.jpg

DSCF9135 by timothy jones on Flickr

24879891328_0e4900c572_z.jpg

DSCF9134 by timothy jones on Flickr

24879878218_6e0cda4b97_z.jpg

DSCF9133 by timothy jones on Flickr

Edited by TimJ

20171202_100128.thumb.jpg.c1e83ad297f4255ef5647acc85ea7dd0.jpgCongratulations guys great work, going to be tough to vote again,!  The thing i like about this community build is that everyone  builds something different from each other. I didn't get far this year I'm planning on finishing the javelin for the nnl north in may. I'm hoping for a better performance in 2018 cannonball. 

Edited by bill_67

Well, that's another great year of Cannonballing. Well done everybody, it's a nice line up of finishers. Erik, if you get that Challenger buttoned up we'd sure like to see it.

I will get the poll set up in the next couple days. I will look for some feedback from you guys about that shortly, since the polling feature only allows five choices per group or question. But I'll get into that more after I have some time to play around with it.

Edited by Lunajammer