Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Dodge Deora

PatW

Inquiring minds need to know. What are you up to here? I notice the rough finish on part of the cab and body. The interior looks good and I like the  bed area that you are putting together. I figure it's going to be a Surf theme, great looking board tether on the body side. The rear bed cover has a very survivalist look to it. Looks like another fun build.    

Inquiring minds need to know. What are you up to here? I notice the rough finish on part of the cab and body. The interior looks good and I like the  bed area that you are putting together. I figure it's going to be a Surf theme, great looking board tether on the body side. The rear bed cover has a very survivalist look to it. Looks like another fun build.    

Yes espo, The camper roof is too high to carry a surfboard so I made a board carrier from a couple of paper clips fitted through the side in a plastic tube. I have sprayed the body, that doesn't touch the camper shell with a chrome sparke (a Hobbycraft spray bottle product), which looks like a wet finish. I've also covered the camper shell with some home made alloy/rivet decals and one on the mild steel door as it's going rusty. More pics to follow about now!

Cool ideas you are having, I like the surf board on the side.  The camper paint is really cool.

Hi Dan, the camper coating is a new home made multi sized alloy/rivet decal.Plus the mild steel rusty decal on the door. The board carrier I sourced from an image from Google to carry surfboards on bikes! More pics coming.

Yes , inquiring minds want to know !  

Also the riveted panel decals on the top look awesome , You're getting pretty good at that stuff ! :D

Hi Bob thanks for your comments and yes you guessed it! I searched the web and found various images of metal with rust/rivets etc. Copied them to a word doc to re-size, to three different sizes and printed them on white backed decal paper! So I have alloy/rivets and rusty ones for the mild steel door. More pics to come.

More pics, today's work...........

I've found the two pedals I need to finish the cab as the kit doesn't supply them.

27_zpssbdeceqd.jpg

The woodwork finished with one coat od wood varnish and the flooring template........

30_zpsdkwwlmvj.jpg

I initially wanted a wood floor to show my new woodgrain decals but that would be too much wood! So here's the diamond plate floor just sprayed with a chrome finish...........

32_zps3teyee95.jpg

More tomorrow hopefully!

Edited by PatW

Thanks guys and steal away anything you fancy! Today brief was to fit the pedals to the interior tub, fit the floor, give the wood another coat of varnish and decorate it out, and decorate the inside of the camper shell, all done!

17A_zpszq1mnvrq.jpg

34_zpsvqbew4bt.jpg

36_zpsfg8kh8xn.jpg

A few more small strips of decal in the corners to be done.

Edited by PatW

Hi Dann thanks for that, here's some more pics to end the build. However my imagination is we can all make mistakes, mine is putting foil on the windscreen surround,but I left it rather than try taking it off and damaging the surround as it's a bit fragile! Anyway here's some pics...................

Extended exhaust pipe....

44_zpsbfs6ne8h.jpg

Ending under the middle near the back axle.....

45_zps5exbsk38.jpg

I scanned the Deora logo on the box and printed some logo decals in various sizes..........

47_zpsqcxcizw2.jpg

And put one on the surfboard I'd made for this build..............

43D_zpstrcqlaaz.jpg

Here's the awfull chrome work the grill and the drop down door with another decal.....................

54_zpspgmh9fi7.jpg

Fitted the body to the chassis and hung the board in it's hanger.......

55_zpshc0j8gxl.jpg

More pics to come of the finished article on the 'Finished' thread.