Model Cars Magazine Forum

This Tamiya 1:6 scale Harley Fat Boy Lo is a beast to build. And I loved every minute!

The model is box stock and was repainted 3 times as the flame job I tried to do twice, looked like worms and not flames. I think I like this all black version better. This kit is a marvel as many items work. Wheels rotate, front and rear shocks, brake and shifter pedals, clutch and brake levers, starter switch turns and even the mirrors are fully poseable. 

I also used the detail-up kit which added metal rotors and mufflers. 

Danger

IMG_2993.JPG

IMG_2995.JPG

IMG_3000.JPG

Edited by Danger

Looks good, but I like more chrome on my Hogs!  But I also know that's not the "in thing" right now (and that is how the kit depicts that bike).

I have that kit (unbuilt). How stiff is the bike's plastic frame while supporting the weight of the model?  Does it flex or sag?

I've built the previous 1:6 Fat Boy bike Tamiya produced over a decade ago (for a very short time, only available outside US).  It was an older Harley. That one had a diecast frame which was really sturdy.  These are fairly heavy models and that is why I'm worried that a plastic frame might not be up to the task of supporting all the weight.

PeterWien_9web.jpg