Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Builders' Warehouse Update: Scale Production in Stock 9/26

It does come with that roof Len which is referred to as a "small window hardtop" in Cobra vernacular as well as the "large window hardtop" shown here 

DSCN3138

The correct side pipes are also included.

DSCN3117

Edited by afx

We are very proud that Randy has signed on to be at DESERT SCALE CLASSIC in Phoenix on April 8! 

I'm not going to say it will be the debut of the Model Builder's Warehouse, because he hasn't indicated that, but we're very happy to have him join us in the earliest stages of his new venture!!

Randy/Model Builder's Warehouse will be joining Laski's Scale Specialties, M & S Hobbies, Bob Zetterman (Modelhaus distributor), Tru Color Paint, Tom Neu (Slixx Decals distributor), Bernie's Bargain Barn, Mark's Model Mart, and several other individual kit and supplies sellers!    <And, we still have plenty of room for any other vendors!>

Please check our website daily as new information is being added constantly.    URL is below, in my signature box.

The following is a message that went out to the folks that signed up earlier and Len,  the Dragon Snake transkit won't be in until late next week :)

Hi Folks,

It has been a bit hectic around here but we are finally ready to launch the new store.  I hope that your shopping experience with us will be a pleasant one.

The goal in this endeavor is to put fine quality products into the hands of you, the passionate scale model builder.

The business model to accomplish this goal is to identify small one man operations that have a quality product but maybe less than ideal distribution and work with them to become their on line retail partner.

Our featured company for the store opening is Historic Racing Miniatures. Harold Bradford's resin casting has been some of the finest available anywhere for decades. His Daytona Coupe kit has been a 'holy grail' of mine for years and now that I have one I'm even more impressed.  

Late April brings  Clearly Scale on board. In just a few short years Jeremy has established  his company as a leader in the aftermarket field with an ever growing product line.

The model kit section will continue to grow as I acquire more products.  We are in discussions with paint and decal companies and hope to have offerings in those fields in late 2017.   

If you see something that can be improved or you would like to let us know how we are doing or if you have some thoughts on a product you think we should carry please use the Contact Us page or send me a email.

Thanks for stopping by!           www.modelbuilderswh.com

Randy

Made one very small order and it will arrive Monday. Sorry I will miss you at the DSC Randy, would be great to meet you and say howdy. The item I am wanting really badly is the GT40 wheel and tire set, the wide ones for the Fujimi kit. I'll keep watching for new stock. Good luck with the business and the DSC trip. Lots of great modelers at DSC, should be a fun day :)

Hi Folks,

Thank you Mike and Bill for the kind words, I appreciate the business!

Shipment of HRM transkits came in and are loaded up on the store site now.  Go to Model Kits then click on Resin Kits.  Members here will recognize three projects from JC Reckner's work bench,  Cobra Dragonsnake, Cobra LeMans and the Porsche 914-6 transkits. 

I have  also listed some 1/24th scale kits from a collection I picked up from California. I have more coming in so please check Model Kits/ Plastic often to see the latest. 

The first two weeks of operations has been very busy and I appreciate all the support from you folks.   The bad part is the number of products already out of stock.  Help is on the way with a restock order due in late next week.

Thank you !

Randy
Edited by Randy D

just ordered the HRM 250TR engine kit last night. With my Acu Stion detail kit and wire wheels, this should top it off nicely. 

Thank you Cameron !   Your post brought a smile as I am thinking the same,  did not know about the Acu Stion set, will have to check that out:)

Randy

IMG_5773.JPG

Thank you Cameron !   Your post brought a smile as I am thinking the same,  did not know about the Acu Stion set, will have to check that out:)

Randy

IMG_5773.JPG

Here's the kit. Not easy to find, I got mine from HLJ.com

Here are the wheels completed, which your KA wheels should look the same when done. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

The first shipment from  'Clearly Scale'  has landed and are ready for purchase !!!!   The products include 15 engine kits, 4 sets of brakes, 18 pairs of seats, detail wire in 9 colors, a set of fluid reservoirs and a Optima battery set.

To see the new parts  click on   'Detail Parts'  then chose  'All'      Please ignore any text about shipping costs in the product photos as some of the these photos were borrowed from the Clearly Scale site. 

The parts that Jeremy from Clearly Scale casts are truly outstanding and the pictures do not do them justice. I'm putting in my next order from Clearly Scale this week so if you see something on Jeremy's store site that you want please drop me a note.

http://modelbuilderswh.com  

Harold from Historic Racing Miniatures is getting caught up on our restock orders so we should be seeing less of those  'sold out '  notes on products this week.

Thanks to you all for making our opening of the store a big success !!!! 

Randy