Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius - Now that the Comet is out, What's Next

Swifster

No dates for Plymouth AWB car or Comet B/FX or A/FX none of those kits are in the schedule at this date although tooling is complete or nearly complete for all three.

Now you know almost as much as I do!

Dave's post here includes some new news that I think has not been previously announced. 

Note that he said Comet B/FX as well as A/FX.  We've seen photos of the A/FX test shot build and I think most people were very impressed.  

Quite some time ago, Dave shared his B/FX early test shots with me....that version is pretty differentiated vs the A/FX and seems to me to be a very interesting future derivative of the Comet series.  Of course, what I saw was very early test shots, and lots can change from then to production. 

But yet another very exciting potential product from Dave and the Moebius team......TIM

Edited by tim boyd

"Next will be a 52 Hudson Hornet "Mel's Drive In" - a 52 Club coupe - first time for the 52 coupe as a street car - kit will include wire wheels as well as hub caps -"

YES!!! The wire wheels make such a big difference! Thank you!

Gad! I have to wait until 2018 For the A/FX or B/FX Comets! I cannot wait for these kits!  Please Can we get these coming sooner?

I think the sales potential of these would reward putting them closer to the front of the line.

That said there is a Long Bed Ford Truck in my future, so Moebius will be getting my money soon.

Thanks for the Update, Dave. I really appreciate how you share this information with us, and all the guff you put up with from chowderheads like me.

Glad to see we're getting a 1966 / 66 Ford Pickup, also that the 4x4 version of the 70 is still in the pipeline. I'm a little dismayed that the AWB Plymouth is still in limbo, especially considering the tooling was completed a year ago. Same goes for the Butch Leal A990 and the AFX Comet. I know they were disappointed with the sales of the Melrose Missile, but that was a car that ran only one race in that configuration. The others should sell much better.

Makes me wish I still had my '65 F250 Styleside. I'd gladly have provided photos, measurements, etc. in any quantity Moebius desired...

While I'm dreaming I'd suggest -- for maximum tooling flexibility -- a 1963 Pontiac Catalina. Otherwise, a 1960 Chrysler 300F.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

... Otherwise, a 1960 Chrysler 300F.

Now we're talking...

Also, how about a Hudson sedan?
We have all those k00pz and floppytops, now, but what about that gorgeous more door?
Preferrably a '49 for maximum movie car compatibility.

Please, please a modern tool of the '67-72 Chevy truck. Short bed preferred.

Maybe after they do the '65-66 Fords they will venture into Chevys...a '67 short bed in step side and fleet side versions would be great..or a GMC w/ the V6.

The 65/66 Ford trucks should be a natural for Moebius. Aside from some details the chassis and drive-trains (straight 6 and FE V8) are the same 65-72. Moebius only has to tool up 1/2 a kit to get a new kit.

Thinking of kits to take advantage of existing tooling:

* 65 Plymouth Belvedere wagon (same wheelbase as the Satellite)

* 61 Pontiac Catalina wagon (same wheelbase as the 2drHT)

* 67-72 Ford truck with a period pickup box camper (big pieces but simple tooling)

moebius_01.jpg

moebius_02.jpg

moebius_03.jpg

I saw a magnificent '69 GS convertible--light yellow--Sunday.

The '68-'69 Skylarks are of no particular interest to me. I'd be all over a '64-'65, though, or a '67, or even a new-tool '66 (even though I have at least four restorable glue bombs in the Snakepit).

Of all the 68/69 GM mid size cars, the Buick looked very nice in my eye. The side sweep detail was great. Didn't hurt that my Grandfather had a new one and I later owned a 69 Special DeLuxe. The Chevelles were chunky and Olds were bloated. The Ponchos were pretty cool though.

• 1 month later...

Now, with all those suggestions, I would really like a boattail Riviera, it is such a shame that a both popular and gorgeous car like that one is so impossible to get in styrene....

I'm hoping Revell in the near future brings this kit to life! It keeps showing up on the "most wanted" list at the NNL East, and I've mentioned to Ed Sexton personally that this car has never been kitted, and would be popular among the lowrider set. 

He agreed--------let's hope that someday that translates into an actual kit in our hands! B)

I'm hoping Revell in the near future brings this kit to life! It keeps showing up on the "most wanted" list at the NNL East, and I've mentioned to Ed Sexton personally that this car has never been kitted, and would be popular among the lowrider set. 

He agreed--------let's hope that someday that translates into an actual kit in our hands! B)

And this is exactly the point of all these wish list, despite how annoyed some people get over them.    If enough people express their interest in a subject, then maybe one of the companies will decide.  We're not going to get everything we want, but we've seen that we do get some.

And a boattail Riviera?  Yes, please!