Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 `67 Corvette, this time in white

Hawk312

So this is like number 13 or so I think. I lost track of how many I`ve built at this point.Pretty much my standard build. The wheels are my own cast design. Bob from Kustom Krome did an amazing job on them, The stripe had to be painted on. Let me know what you think.

20170407_155937modified3_zpsfr6kyot6.jpg

20170407_155721modified_zpsgp4edwpj.jpg

side_zps6aeolfjz.jpg

20170407_154008_zpsgjs3zzoh.jpg

20170407_155802modified_zpsivvexixc.jpg

20170407_155433modified_zpsraufycpl.jpg

20170407_132340modified_zpsrxtnplic.jpg

20170407_140300modified_zpsche6ehgb.jpg

ENGINE_zpsosbtg3xt.jpg

20170224_175251_zps6ldemuin.jpg

20170211_122008_zpsz8lw1jgy.jpg

\

nailed it again..

this thing looks real..its a shame we are oceans apart ,i would really wanna sit down and see how you build these 

i've been loving your builds forever..the larger scales in particular..

great job on this "Vette.

Man -that is SHARP   Amazing attention to detail- the stripe is super crisp. the interior looks real and the engine bay as does the under chassis.  my only critique is the wipers- they need the rubber blades painted and to be positioned better. besides that it looks real!!!

Man -that is SHARP   Amazing attention to detail- the stripe is super crisp. the interior looks real and the engine bay as does the under chassis.  my only critique is the wipers- they need the rubber blades painted and to be positioned better. besides that it looks real!!!

I'm glad someone mentioned this before me. The wipers are the only distraction from otherwise gorgeous large-scale model!  IN this scale you should be able to fairly easily fabricate wipers which look as real as the rest of the model.  Not only they are too thick for the scale, they almost look like their locations were swapped. Left wiper is on the right side of the car and right wiper on the left.  They look really odd.

If not for the wipers, that model could pass for the 1:1 car.

e0989116d9461586448b2c6bad7ae1db.jpg

Edited by peteski

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I am not sure what is up with the kit wipers. To my knowledge the are installed correctly, though they required some convincing, cutting, and some bending to fit, just like all the other ones Ive built,.

I have spent some time ''Toning down'' wipers- first of all they are never chrome plated and always stainless on this period car.[the stainless takes on a dull look naturally]  one could strip the chrome and paint them a medium  grey. however they still may be too thick. you could get away using the blades and scratch build the arms. since the model is done I would just put them in a more parked position and be done with it-   FABULOUS BUILD ANYWAY.....

Very nice, as usual! Is there any chance you could assemble your entire fleet for a picture? :lol:

Here is the best I can since they are almost all sold now:

realgoodfirst2.jpg

6a_zps7333ec45.jpg

engine3a_zps402d4b0e.jpg

good1.thumb.jpg.7533fb0177789cf774f86806

fromfront2-1.jpg

067blackfinishgood3.jpg

redfinish.jpg

black67-2-1.jpg

green67i.jpg

There have been a few others throughout the years, but I either can`t find them or never took pictures of them. I remember building one in Silver/Black, Malboro Maroon/Black, and a dark blue color and Black. 

Man this is one super nice 67! The white paint and rally wheels makes it different from all the red and black cars, very nice! So excuse my ignorance on the topic of big scale cars, but I'm trying to figure out how to make red line tires. I'm planning to build a Monogram 'Vette similar to this one and one of the focal points on the outside will be the tires. if i could pull this off it would look so much better than a plain black tire. 

Edited by BigBad

Man this is one super nice 67! The white paint and rally wheels makes it different from all the red and black cars, very nice! So excuse my ignorance on the topic of big scale cars, but I'm trying to figure out how to make red line tires. I'm planning to build a Monogram 'Vette similar to this one and one of the focal points on the outside will be the tires. if i could pull this off it would look so much better than a plain black tire. 

Funny that you asked: