Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '74 AMC Gremlin X

Casey

Aside from the different decals and box art, I'm wondering if there's any other difference from the '75 kit?

From Google images, it seems like the '74 and '75 had the same grills, bumpers, etc.  About the only other difference I can definitely say is that the '74 shouldn't have the catalytic converter.

Aside from the different decals and box art, I'm wondering if there's any other difference from the '75 kit?

From Google images, it seems like the '74 and '75 had the same grills, bumpers, etc.  About the only other difference I can definitely say is that the '74 shouldn't have the catalytic converter.

.....I had the annual new in 74, and apart from the decal sheet, I would imagine this will be identical to the 75 kit....no doubt though, the tinted glass will be recolored, the decal sheet tuned up to the max of excitement, and God knows any way Round2 can spin it to yet again to keep the interest and get us to pull out our wallets once again...lol....Hey, I'm in regardless, owning a new 73 Gremlin X 304 v8 car that I still pine for to this day, even owning many more exciting and much faster rides thru the years,,,I still love that little Gremmie as it was the car that started it all for me....so any reissued Gremlin kit similar has shelf space reserved here already....the Ace...;)

I doubt it. I can't recall if the early '70s style hood scoop, sidepipes, and chin spoiler were present in the '75 and '76 reissues, but I'm expecting this '74 reissue to be 95% the same.

• 2 months later...
On 12/13/2017 at 10:11 PM, unclescott58 said:

Added one to my collection tonight. Haven't opened the box yet. 

If you could post a picture of the decal sheet please, Scott, I would appreciate it. I'm not expecting much else inside the kit to be much different from the '75 an '76 kits, but I'm pretty sure the stripes are different on the '74.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

If you could post a picture of the decal sheet please, Scott, I would appreciate it. I'm not expecting much else inside the kit to be much different from the '75 an '76 kits, but I'm pretty sure the stripes are different on the '74.

I still haven't opened up the kit yet. I'll try to get at it by this weekend. And I will post photos of the decal sheet for you. 

4 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

thank you Casey I have that kit but not opened AWESOME !

Just be aware the stock stripe decals have the thin area in white, and are not transparent, so they won't allow the body color to show through. 

• 2 weeks later...