Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt Nissan hardbody?

426 pack

The Nissan builds nicely.  IIRC, the Formula Desert Dogs from MPC will work on the 1/20 rims if you want something a little different.  And the SATCO/Aoshima Pathfinder is a great little kit.   I have it, the 4 runner they did and the Jeep Grand Cherokee from Tamiya.   All nice SUVs on the shelf.   4runner pulls my bass boat from the Revell (?) set.  Lindberg also did a 1/20 Toyota pickup of similar Vintage.  don;t let the scale deter you if you like the subject matter.   Nice kits.  Way better than the Explorer they did in 1/20 - threw that in the trash, but can't remember why other than it was junk.

4 hours ago, randyc said:

The Nissan builds nicely.  IIRC, the Formula Desert Dogs from MPC will work on the 1/20 rims if you want something a little different.  And the SATCO/Aoshima Pathfinder is a great little kit.   I have it, the 4 runner they did and the Jeep Grand Cherokee from Tamiya.   All nice SUVs on the shelf.   4runner pulls my bass boat from the Revell (?) set.  Lindberg also did a 1/20 Toyota pickup of similar Vintage.  don;t let the scale deter you if you like the subject matter.   Nice kits.  Way better than the Explorer they did in 1/20 - threw that in the trash, but can't remember why other than it was junk.

Ive also built some Lindberg kits and like that they have a lot details.

I built the 1991-1994 Explorer a couple of years ago and everything fitted nice, so nice that I bought another one to make the Eddie Bauer version.

Im building the Chevrolet Blazer from Lindberg right but I have trouble with getting the parts to fit in that kit.

Edited by Pace

15 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

This is probably the closest to it

Related image

Luckily, Aoshima just reissued that kit last year I think it was, so they are now easy and affordable to get( minus the LHD dash),  a couple of years ago on one of the Japan model Facebook groups, a builder made a Hardbody P/U from the the Terrano kit, it looked really good

I have two in my stash, I got one of them to try and turn into the p/u, whenever the day comes that I finally grow a pair, I will do it.

16 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Luckily, Aoshima just reissued that kit last year I think it was, so they are now easy and affordable to get( minus the LHD dash)

The Terrano and HiLux Surf (4Runner) are in perpetual reissue it seems, and neither are hard to find or expensive.  To Jon's point, the only thing missing are the U.S. Spec names - the LHD parts are still in the kits, as they're injected molded just like the rest of the model (not the resin conversion dashes that some SATCO kits came with), it just does not have the 4Runner & Pathfinder decals.

6 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

The Terrano and HiLux Surf (4Runner) are in perpetual reissue it seems, and neither are hard to find or expensive.  To Jon's point, the only thing missing are the U.S. Spec names - the LHD parts are still in the kits, as they're injected molded just like the rest of the model (not the resin conversion dashes that some SATCO kits came with), it just does not have the 4Runner & Pathfinder decals.

Ohhh right, silly me, they do have the parts,  I dont know why I said they didnt, its the paint fumes , yeah.