Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite Movie 2017, which one for you?

10thumbs

Hi guys,

It seems to me there were not many good ones, which ones have I missed that you liked?

A surprise for me was "Baby Driver".  A different film, moves fast and catches you off guard too, I really like this one.

....and you?  Which ones do you like?

It sure wasn't Going in Style.Ok nothing like the original,which stared Art Carney,George Burns,and Lee Strassberg.They pull off a bank robbery..I have to say that Everyone involved in the remake of that great hilarious movie,deserves a metal for worst movie.

Thor: Ragnarok. Enormously fun from the first scene to the last post-credits scene. Taika Waititi took the sense of humor he showed in "What We Do in the Shadows" and made it work on a much grander scale. Dunkirk was excellent as well... Christopher Nolan took a step back from big, bloated sci-fi to deliver a lean, mean war movie that kept the viewer on edge. It shows that this was a real passion project for him.

I really liked "Baby Driver".  I went in without preconceived notions and was thoroughly entertained.  (as an aside check out this precursor done a few years ago by the same director.   And If you can-turn up the volume!)

I really liked "Wonder Woman", I thought "Logan" was superb, Guardians of the Galaxy was a good 2 hours (+).  Oh, and not to forget "John Wick 2".  Waiting impatiently for "JW3".

Edited by The Junkman

What I (also) enjoyed from Baby Driver was that all the stunts were done without CGI.  Early in the chase when the car goes up the incline and makes a violent u-turn to go the wrong way up the freeway ramp, note the lack of pre existing skid marks on the pavement.  That tells me (1) the driver did that on the first take or (2) it got cleaned up in post production editing.  I prefer to believe (1).