Model Cars Magazine Forum

70.5 Pro Mod Camaro...updated 11/09/18

1320wayne

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, 426 pack said:

Wow that is amazing. 

I took a look at your website you have some cool stuff. Is it pre biult or just files that you can load and then print it yourself?

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking? The items on my website are all resin cast items that I make. As far as this build, the wheels and chassis are 3D printed items purchased online. 

1 hour ago, 1320wayne said:

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking? The items on my website are all resin cast items that I make. As far as this build, the wheels and chassis are 3D printed items purchased online. 

Ok my bad I had just seen on there that it said order print and I thought that they were 3D prints. 

D05168CB-FF02-4703-A3B9-EC7F03003BC7.jpeg

• 9 months later...

Finally got back to work on this one along with all of the other projects that I'm working on. Just bouncing from one build to the next based on what's needed at the time. This one has been sitting in the background for the past few months so I finally went ahead and got the clear coat added. This is my first time using PPG Diamond Coat clear. Happy with the results so far.

2018110809_49_01-vi.jpg

2018110809_48_41-vi.jpg

2018110809_48_18-vi.jpg

2018110809_47_57-vi.jpg

2018110809_47_34-vi.jpg

2018110809_47_10-vi.jpg

Hey Wayne, I'm trying to figure out how you kept the dust bunnies out of it.  I experimented with the same 2 part clear coat over the summer and was amazed at how goes down and how hard it is but my test bodies always ended up with too many bits of dust in it.  I know you can sand those out within reason but the type of clear just seemed to attract the buggers more than any other clear I've tried.  Yours looks pretty flawless.  Nice job!  cheers, tim

5 hours ago, Codi said:

Hey Wayne, I'm trying to figure out how you kept the dust bunnies out of it.  I experimented with the same 2 part clear coat over the summer and was amazed at how goes down and how hard it is but my test bodies always ended up with too many bits of dust in it.  I know you can sand those out within reason but the type of clear just seemed to attract the buggers more than any other clear I've tried.  Yours looks pretty flawless.  Nice job!  cheers, tim

When it comes to spraying clear I always try to spray in the cleanest environment possible to avoid those types of issues. Trust me when I say that it doesn't always come out looking this good. I usually have to wet sand the final coat to smooth it out better. This time it's looking like I won't have to touch it. Believe it or not I do all of my spraying in my garage with all doors open for better ventilation along with a decent sized box fan going at my back while I'm spraying to help keep any stray particles from settling.

Thanks for the reply Wayne.  I had to chuckle because everything you described (and where you spray) in doing the painting is exactly what I've been doing the past few years including the "fan behind me" trick.    So at least I know I'm doing something right.  I'll chalk it up to just poor "luck" and try it again.  When it goes down properly, it is truly an amazing product.  Thanks again!  Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I bought a bunch of these tires from Pegasus,hobbies.They were the biggest slicks I could find.They were top fuel tires,and they came with Goodyear decals in white or yellow.They also included rear wheels.But now I can't find them anywhere..Oh and the car looks great.

Edited by NYLIBUD