Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Son's 78 Chevy 4X4

My son built this just in time for the MDA modelcar contest. He added aftermarket tires and a prewired distributor. He scratchbuilt a lift kit and extended the shocks. He finished it in blazing black with red accents. His efforts payed off with second place honors in the Juniors class. Nice job, I love to see him building models and being intrested in the hobby. Seen here are pics while he was finishing it up at the show... he was adding the mirrors.

received_1824746214485230.jpeg

received_1824745947818590.jpeg

received_1824745934485258.jpeg

received_1824746237818561.jpeg

received_1824746217818563.jpeg

Looks great, I love the lifted look. Nice to see that someone is getting the kids in on it aswell. I'm still hopefull that my oldest son will start building on his own in a few years aswell. He is 5 now and is very keen on trying it out.

6 hours ago, Renegade said:

Very nice build. How old is he? Glad he got some iron to take home.

Thanks guys, he turned 15 in January but he has been building since he was 10 and competeing in contests since he was 11... sometimes he wins sometimes he doesn't but he likes doing it and he thinks up some wild builds so the creativity is there. These are the cars he's entered in the contests since he's been building... I'm proud to show them off...

Screenshot_20180304-222707.jpg

Screenshot_20180304-232202.jpg

photo27-vi.jpg

Very well done truck. I'm glad to see more young builders getting into the hobby. The side benefit is that you both have a common ground that can keep you in tune with one another. Your son is already showing what a good builder he is.   

Thanks guys, I'm just glad he found a substitute for video games and or gettin himself in trouble or in the future something that may lead him down a wrong path. I always said to get children to find there passion in life early then chances are they will focus and be successful in the future as adults. Cool thing is his real passion is football where he is a star player on his high school team... We'll see what he does with that... I love him though, no matter what.