Model Cars Magazine Forum

Easy Kits

There aren't a lot of snap muscle car subjects out right now, you might have more luck on eBay. There is also the 1/24 Monogram glue kits, they tend to be pretty simplified with lower parts counts than current AMT or Revell kits. Old AMT kits with promo style chassis are another option. I'm going to give a friend's kid some 80s promos I've picked up over the years, they're perfectly functional as toys now and when dad thinks he's ready they can pop the screws out and paint them.

The Revell snappers--'63 Corvettes, '70 Chevelle, '57 Chevy, '69 Camaro and others--go together pretty easy and look great when finished. 

For full kits, I can't think of any easier builds I've ever done than the Monogram 1/24 '70 GTX (now a Road Runner, I believe) and '70 Superbird. Completely drama-free builds, top to bottom and side to side. 

the old AMT snap fast plus were great for beginners basically went together like promo models, I'm unsure what the secondary market is like on these, for glue the Monogram 1/24 scale stuff, Cuda, RR, GTX Challenger etc all went together easy with simplified suspension parts and tub style interiors

I have a Special Needs Grandson that is getting interested in building. WE have done two Snaps together, one 18 wheeler and one monster truck. Next in line will be the Testers Hot Metal series T Bucket with pre-painted body and the Maisto 69 Charger die cast pre-painted kit. That is the only Muscle Car kit that I am aware of but there may be more. s-l225.jpg.61798e2049f1c4b2513313d565c31ffe.jpgs-l500.jpg.a504f210897c73ce53104e17181cbde1.jpg

Revell '05 Impala police car.  Snap-Tite curbside with no engine, but good detail including an interior security barrier and shotgun.  Revell-Germany reissued it at a higher price, with a real decal sheet instead of the stickers in the Revell version.  But for a youngster, the Revell kit should do fine.

Testimonial: I was in Ollie's when they had the last big kit sale. Non-model guy came up with his 2 kids, a boy and a girl probably aged about 7 and 9.  Asked me about a good kit for them (since I was standing there with a shopping cart full of kits).  I showed them the Revell Impala and both kids thought it was great.  He bought one for each of them.