Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stand alone engine kits

There are, of course all the "Parts Pac" kits. https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/partspacks.htm

There are also some other kits.

A few taken from existing full kits, the engines from Lindbergs Double Dragster in 1/8th scale, for example. I believe these were marketed for the R/C crowd. 

There were A few others, MPC did some in 1/10 scale.

And of course all of the see through kits,https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/visible-engines.htm

starting with Monograms "Customizing Auto Engine and the ubiquitous Visible V-8.

MPC-0702-2.jpg

mpc-dongarlitshemi.JPG

monogram-pe62engine-emptybox.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

The good old Renwal Visible V-8 was one of those great kits, until Revell got a hold of it, and simplified it. Eliminating the electric "starter" motor and light up spark plus. If they would ever restore that kit back to its original glory, I easily would buy another one.

Oh man, I remember getting the revell visible engine as a kid (11 or 12 years old), built it myself, and it actually worked ( let’s face it, at that age we were using tube glue and slathering it on), no idea what became of it, and would get another if I could find the motorized version ‘locally’ for reasonable money.

4 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Aircraft engines are out there too (again, most are also seen at the link Greg posted).

Image result for revell model radial aircraft engine       image.jpeg.0a5d62fd79dd046c93fb691e594dbc36.jpeg    Image result for revell model radial aircraft engine     Image result for revell model radial aircraft engine

Image result for revell model radial aircraft engine      image.jpeg.6a04db3038f69f1b7217c48b66279c84.jpeg   Even turbines:    image.jpeg.a8e8e9f08121ff177c90ca66000b7212.jpeg

Some sweet aircraft engines in there....the Wolseley Viper is another, made to update the Se-5A WWI British aircraft from the Hispano-Suiza engine

IMG_2212.thumb.JPG.657f3d0c0d5b17fe41666f7cd951daa5.JPG