Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 VETTE CONVERTABLE

videocast

Picked up this easy snap tite kit by revell at a local flea market. of course I had to paint it, but it was good practice for me and the interior is the best one I've done so far. Still have lots to go, but I don't think I am going to try to build show quality cars. I just want to build near show quality. so if I muck it up I really wont worry too much about it. 

DSC_2372.JPG

DSC_2376.JPG

DSC_2379.JPG

thanks for all the nice comments. I also just realized I forgot to put the steering wheel on. so Im in the right forum. I almost went in to under glass. lol. the body paint is model master Pontiac engine blue. I thought it looked great as a body color. almost like one of the factory colors I saw when researching that years factory color availability.

11 minutes ago, videocast said:

the body paint is model master Pontiac engine blue. I thought it looked great as a body color. 

It's a great color for all sorts of '60s light metallic blues. I did a '69 Camaro in it years ago. 

It was a lot of fun to put together and didn't take forever. I put the steering wheel in and put some bmf on the door handles. now Im calling it done. I agree with the crowd that the paint color is one of the best choices for that model. appreciate the positive comments and glad I joined this group. THANKS !!!