Model Cars Magazine Forum

My version of the Welly 1/24 '67 Firebird.

Geno

It started out as this.

38604389066_95620b15b2_z.jpg

The Welly '67 is a pretty nice model in it's own right. Here's what I done with mine. I fixed the headlight issue, added parts box wheels and tires, an insect pin for an antenna, BMF and some MCG photo-etch and a spoiler from a Camaro kit plus some added detailing. I'm happy with how it turned out. I still have some minor detailing to do like add the insulation pad on the underside of the hood etc, but it's basically done.

37941951054_34ed57ca40_c.jpg

26883724789_cfdd6111a2_c.jpg

37941895864_fbd6136d6f_c.jpg

37772160355_b7288f1798_c.jpg

Edited by Geno

1 hour ago, Gramps46 said:

Well done indeed.  I have a silver one and a dark blue one.  Did you change the air cleaner too?

Hi Gary, yes, it's from a scrap GMP GTO I have in the parts box. I also have the 455 photo-etch emblem on the spoiler as well. I just wanted to give the model a little attitude lol. It'll be going to the Toledo show with me.:)

Edited by Geno

My guy got his recently from an ebay seller.   So I know they are out there.   I didn't realize they had been around so long.

Where can I get bulk head light lenses?   Seems like I may need more in my stash.  

And Geno, yours is awesome.   Those rear tires fix my issue of the openings looking too large.  I had the 68 Revell builtup, so I have no need for this one as well.  Wife & I have counted like 15 Firebirds in various scales, so not really adding any more intentionally.  And I'm not really even a Firebird fan.   Well I guess I am sorta.