Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible ex442

Reuhkapelti2

Hello again!

This time I made some modifications to a AMT Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 2d ht. I cut off the roof and made the cover for the rag top. This model has a real 1:1 car in my town, so I made some other stuff too to make a copy of that vehicle. These things can be seen in the photos, but I can mention some.

Wheels were the famous Chevy Rally wheels, that I modified heavily. The mask is different than the original. The trunk lid has that wide chrome thing ( I don't remember the word for it). Tires were changed and they got the white stripes on them. The exhaust tips were changed.  The Sun visors were made and an antenna too. The steering wheel was modified. The center console was made, because the transmission is now automatic instead of the original 4 speed manual. Spray painted and some clear coat too. The license plates are covered temporarily.  Now some photos

IMG_20181124_203728.jpg

IMG_20181124_203611.jpg

IMG_20181124_203810.jpg

IMG_20181124_203840.jpg

IMG_20181124_203924.jpg

IMG_20181124_204043.jpg

IMG_20181124_211811.jpg

13 hours ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Looks good except for the top.  I'd shop around and see if you could find a better fitting one.  Maybe from the Chevelle kit or 72 Olds kit.

What he said. The top isn't real bad, but I think one of the ones he mentioned would fit a bit better.

• 1 month later...