Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photo downloads

Apparently there is some sort of a issue on the the board that is giving both David and Jeff this problem,not the fact one needs to read how to use the board or the fact someone else can upload,because I know both have posted pictures here before .... heck I have received these error message last week too

20 minutes ago, Badluck 13 said:

Apparently there is some sort of a issue on the the board that is giving both David and Jeff this problen,not the fact one needs to read how to use the board or the fact someone else can upload,because I know both have posted pictures here before .... heck I have received these error message last week too

Thank you.

One thing I've found is photos upload only if taken in landscape mode and not portrait mode.   If I try and upload a portrait form photo, it fails consistently.   Landscape works consistently, regardless of whether I'm uploading from my phone or my computer. 

Edited by Rob Hall

Knock it off with the juvenile comments that have nothing to do with the original post,again yes some of you have no problem uploading which that's just swell but there are those who are having issues and they are not the ignorant ones.....If you don't have any helpful comments or input then go build a model.

19 hours ago, Badluck 13 said:

Knock it off with the juvenile comments that have nothing to do with the original post,again yes some of you have no problem uploading which that's just swell but there are those who are having issues and they are not the ignorant ones.....If you don't have any helpful comments or input then go build a model.

In the interest of my continuing quest to determine what constitutes acceptable behavior here, I respectfully request you'd point out the specific "juvenile comments" so that I can get a better understanding of community standards.

I see a photo that, at first glance, looks upside down, but in reality is right-side-up. I see it, and the responses as mildly humorous and not at all derogatory to any group, individual, ethnicity, political party or gender...or any implication that anyone is "ignorant". Please be so good as to correct my apparently aberrant thinking.

I realize it's a banning offense to publicly criticize a moderator, so let me be clear...this is not intended as criticism.

I simply need to know what the standards are, and how they are violated by anything in the above thread.

For my own peace of mind, and my ability to continue posting with no fear of running afoul of any rule, I need a clear explanation of what is offensive here.

Thank you.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

19 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

In the interest of my continuing quest to determine what constitutes acceptable behavior here, I respectfully request you'd point out the specific "juvenile comments" so that I can get a better understanding of community standards.

I see a photo that, at first glance, looks upside down, but in reality is right-side-up. I see it, and the responses as mildly humorous and not at all derogatory to any group, individual, ethnicity, political party or gender...or any implication that anyone is "ignorant". Please be so good as to correct my apparently aberrant thinking.

I realize it's a banning offense to publicly criticize a moderator, so let me be clear...this is not intended as criticism.

I simply need to know what the standards are, and how they are violated by anything in the above thread.

For my own peace of mind, and my ability to continue posting with no fear of running afoul of any rule, I need a clear explanation of what is offensive here.

Thank you.

Hey Bill,first your post is not taken as criticism at all in fact I am glad you asked and me personally wouldn't ban you if you did "criticize" me.

As you know there have been issues from time to time that when trying post pictures you may get a "error" and if gets quite frustrating to the member trying to post and them come here for advice or help and then suddenly comments come in that has no help to the person asking for help,sure when the picture was posted it did prove "yes" it is working...for some but not in this case for this case posted and the few that are having issues are in fact experienced uploading pictures "ignorant" is how it looks to the person asking for help by treated with these comments.

Not once was it mention that anything posted was a violation or offensive ,just useless for the help asked for,sure there is some humor in the comment but this is where the "juvenile" comes in,it keeps going and going and before long it is totally off track and soon you have a thread that is totally meaningless and useless and can be a recipe for a locked thread or deleted and then you are right back in the beginning no further ahead.

You and I have had a little history of ummmm how would you say it? not seeing eye to eye but I will say this Bill,you ALWAYS try to help those here when they have a issue with a part,model,or posting issue and you are quite respected for that by many here including,yes,me,I can't say I have seen a time when someone was asking for help/answers where you chimed in and gave off the wall responses.... like others you have asked for help with a issue or two and hoping to get a "answer" and not the garb in between.

Hopefully this answers to some degree of understanding .....For the sake for peace of mind for you Bill,I am quite sure you have nothing to fear of running afoul of any rule............

Glad I wasn’t the only person. I have cellular internet and wonder if that is an issue. How busy the cell tower is? Speed tests show speed differences. I haven’t tried uploading but will now.  

Would not load the photo. Got the error message.

Nice Nova though.

Edited by ewetwo

54 minutes ago, tbill said:

Strange, tried to post 4 pics, all taken the same way with my iPhone, yet only one would load, and all were the same ‘byte size’.

That image is 3024 x 3024 pixels square...that's huge. The forum automatically sizes images to fit the screen or page from what I recall, but you could save a lot of wasted space by cropping the image before uploading it.