Model Cars Magazine Forum

Michael's coupon 50% this week

35 minutes ago, Eshaver said:

Goodness , 50% off on Foamcore !!!!!!!! I'm building another 1800's Queen Anne structure from Richmond Virginia . I'll have to use the HALF inch style and at 7.00 a sheet , this product gets used quickly ....

Don't know if there's something special or different about that brand foam board but if you have Dollar Tree stores near you check there, its a buck a sheet and I think its 20 x 20 size 1/2 thick

I went to a Michael's yesterday, a very big store in Greenville, SC. The few model car kits left had red "Clearance" tags on them.  But the clearance prices on those tags was $27 to $29!  Even the normally cheaper Revell Snap Kits were that price.  So that may be useful for the 50% off coupon, if you want an AMT '51 Chevy HT, Revell '64 Chevy Lowrider or a Revell Snap-Kit Ford Crown Vic police. 

6 hours ago, 440 Dakota said:

Don't know if there's something special or different about that brand foam board but if you have Dollar Tree stores near you check there, its a buck a sheet and I think its 20 x 20 size 1/2 thick

Ron , Dolla Tree foam core is very inconsistent as to having glue under the paper laminate . Besides , I'm using the heavier half inch , not the common 1/4 as you usually see ....

• 2 weeks later...

Went to my local Micheal’s in Amsterdam, NY today and they had restocked the models kits. Mainly the latest issues but the shelves were full. Christine. Two different versions of 1970 1/2 Cameros. Nova. Charger. Olds 443. Ford Ranger. Maybe they are going to keep carrying them.

My local Michael's had only two or three models on the shelves prior to Christmas and the shelf area had been reduced drastically.  When I asked the "store manager" about it, I got the typical shoulder shrug and suggested I email corporate.  I did and here is their answer:

"

Thank you for contacting us! I apologize for the issue you are having locating models in our stores.

We are currently going through a vendor transition which is why you are having issues locating product. We are working as quickly as possible to get a new vendor in and back to fully stocked shelves. 

If I may be of further assistance, please let me know. I'm here to help!

Sincerely,

Marianne
Michaels Customer Care"

I get a daily email from Michael's and yesterday saw it and checked online, only to see they didn't have much in stock. Stopped at my local Michael's today and saw they had a couple of the Revell Ford Broncos, Chevy Nova SSs and a couple of 68 Dodge Chargers. I was about to walk out empty handed when I saw a 69 Camaro Z-28 on the shelf. They had the shelf marked $16.00 and with my 40% off coupon, it was less than $10.00! 

Sure hope they are serious about restocking the models, it would be a shame to lose another distribution point.

Thanks for the updates.  Will have to check the store nearest me and see if it has re-stocked.  On my last visit, it had very few kits.  That Michael's is right across the parking lot from a Five Guys hamburger joint. So it won't be a wasted trip, either way.

Went to my local Michael's today, and sure enough, it did have a few more kits than last time.  I think the newest was the Round2 '69 "Country Charger."  It also had the usual mix of kits I've seen at different Michael's for a long time: R2 '70 Camaro (green plastic only), Firestones '78 Ford truck; Revell Ford Bronco (stock only), '69 Nova SS and '56 Ford pickup (the old 1/24 scale kit).

Didn't see any kits that screamed "buy me!"  But I did print out a one-day-only 50% off coupon.  So I used it on a 3-pack of the Testors Weathering Markers (Earth, Mud & Grime).  They should be fun to experiment with.  Also picked up a can of Dull-Cote, since you can't have too much of that stuff.