Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Slow Year, 2018.

StevenGuthmiller

Thanks again folks!!

I appreciate all of the nice comments.

3 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Really nice build that Pontiac Bonneville Steve.......and the paint colour is intriguing....... ?

David

The color is a factory correct color for the '67 Pontiacs called "Plum Mist".

The exact same color as 1967 Chevrolet "Royal Plum" with a different name.

It's a very dark egg plant color that can be difficult to discern with the naked eye & even more difficult to photograph in artificial light.

Most of my indoor pictures make it look black.

Steve

Thanks for that Steven, and I totally understand about the Plum Mist looking black in photos and the wrong light. Your first couple of photos did look black, and then a following photo the body colour appeared more of a brown metallic, so I guessed it was not black really. The Rolls-Royce colour Velvet Green, and also Midnight Blue, both look black in normal lighting conditions but then in bright sunlight you can see the slight indication of green or blue which is a joy to discover.

David

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

Thanks for that Steven, and I totally understand about the Plum Mist looking black in photos and the wrong light. Your first couple of photos did look black, and then a following photo the body colour appeared more of a brown metallic, so I guessed it was not black really. The Rolls-Royce colour Velvet Green, and also Midnight Blue, both look black in normal lighting conditions but then in bright sunlight you can see the slight indication of green or blue which is a joy to discover.

David

As you can see from these photos, the amount of light can make a considerable difference in the color.

None of these are particularly flattering pics, but they do show the variations of the color in natural light.

Steve

2v2JKdPFgxwUbWP.jpg

2v2JKdhDSxwUbWP.jpg

2v2JKdhSLxwUbWP.jpg

Thanks for the additional photos in natural light Steven and this colour suits the car...... I used to own a 1:1 Pontiac Parisienne 1968 - 4-door 5.3 litre V8 that was not Plum Mist, but was a pale yellow body colour with a light brown vinyl roof. The car was really nice to drive and it was the Canadian right-hand drive version. License plate was FCK 33 which could be interpreted as offensive here in England !!! - The four headlamps were arranged horizontally, rather than vertically as on your scale model. Otherwise the body design of the Parisienne is very similar to the Bonneville for that year. I have tried to find a 1:24 or 1:25 scale kit that I could possibly convert to a four door 1968 Parisienne, but none seem to be available.

David

On 27.12.2018 at 7:02 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Thanks guys!

Hopefully the stable will be a little larger next year at this time.

Steve

While 2018 may not have been your most productive year, Steven, it certainly is on top (as always with your beuatiful models) when it comes to building Quality - the 1960 (?) Imperial is mind-blowing !!!