Model Cars Magazine Forum

Arrowhead Aluminum Accessories

Hey guys,

Just after some advise and a little help...
I purchased some items through ebay from Duane and Susan, bit over 2 months ago now....paid upfront with Paypal.
I know all has not been good, health wise...but I have been trying to contact them regarding shipment...Nothing has arrived yet.

I know their product...I've used their stuff before, and because of that, I have not tried to take any kind of adverse reaction via ebay regarding the delay..
It's way past the deadline for taking any action anyways...think it is 45 days.....

I tried contact through ebay, 3 messages sent....I emailed through their website, it got bounced back..... :(

As they are most likely good friends to some of you here, I'm asking if there is a way of contacting them....please.....
I'd try phoning, but from Australia...that's probly getting a bit extreme....also expensive...not to mention the time differences.....

If someone can help, email me off the board if you wish...or pass on this plee if you're talking to them... :)

Please note:
I don't want this to become a slam fest, and if that happens, I'd ask Gregg to close it down.
It's just a simple ask for help, not a rant or rag on these guys....

TIA for your help guys...
Greg

I really hate hearing this. I was actually getting comfortable buying from them on eBay. I had bought 3 times from the successfully :lol: .

I have been watching for them to put some more stuff on and I was going to hit them big as it looks as if he has some of S&S old photoetch stuff which I have always loved. If you are sure you have passed the time frame to claim a refund all you can do is hit them with neg feedback. I think you only have 60 days for that though

I hope SOMEONE here can help as I dont have any othet way to contact them than you. Maybe you can bite the bullet and call to see whats going on. I know its expensive but it may help things along. Really sorry man....

Hey guys,

Just after some advise and a little help...

I purchased some items through ebay from Duane and Susan, bit over 2 months ago now....paid upfront with Paypal.

I know all has not been good, health wise...but I have been trying to contact them regarding shipment...Nothing has arrived yet.

I know their product...I've used their stuff before, and because of that, I have not tried to take any kind of adverse reaction via ebay regarding the delay..

It's way past the deadline for taking any action anyways...think it is 45 days.....

I tried contact through ebay, 3 messages sent....I emailed through their website, it got bounced back..... :lol:

As they are most likely good friends to some of you here, I'm asking if there is a way of contacting them....please.....

I'd try phoning, but from Australia...that's probly getting a bit extreme....also expensive...not to mention the time differences.....

If someone can help, email me off the board if you wish...or pass on this plee if you're talking to them... :lol:

Please note:

I don't want this to become a slam fest, and if that happens, I'd ask Gregg to close it down.

It's just a simple ask for help, not a rant or rag on these guys....

TIA for your help guys...

Greg

arrowhead just hit the no longer a registered user list on eBay

As much as I hate it, I could see that coming and I guess I have to consider the $30 I sent them as a contribution to their doctor's bills. It might sound cold, but it just rubbed me the wrong way to see them still taking orders (seems like their web site is still open for "business") while at the same time trying to explain in lenghty and elaborate e-mails why they couldn't deliver my parts, and what a bad person I am for bothering them with my questions. Bad health or not, there's no excuse for that.

Ok....dispute filed..... :lol:

I contacted Paypal, and was advised to start a dispute, even though it is past the 45 day period. It's "case closed" immediately, BUT..............

If.....I say..IF, they receive enough dispute claims, they will "re-open" their file on the case.....within 180 days. So, there is a slim chance......

I know, it was only $78USD....but it's 78 dollars that would be way better in my pocket.... :lol:

I am truely sorry to haer what you all have had to say on here, recently i ordered direct from arrowhhead's website, i too know & understand all what was said about his health & i received my order in about 30 days, i don't know if that helps any & i believe in spent about 30.00

kevin

i ma realy glad i get the info i need from this site. I was going to order stuff for atleast 150 bucks. Man i think you got screwed on that deal. I know 78 bucks is not much for some people but for me its alot and now you dont get ya parts. Man i would send them every day an email till i get my parts even if i piss them off. I would do that till they send it and if they say thier health is hindering them then just fullfill the orders right now and either sell the buissness or stop sellin. Just my point of view

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

I'm considering ordering some tires from arrowhead aluminum as I've had good luck with those tires in the past. However it seems the company has had numberous issues & it takes longer to get them if at all. I understand several people have had problems with them but remember, I want facts & not rants. I've only placed one small order with them a long time ago, anyone have a recent ordering experience with them..?

Hizoot

Duane and his wife have been through some very trying times lately. You can read about it on their website - Arrowhead

They are still trying to make things right on old orders, etc. They won't be accepting new orders until they have taken care of old business.

They have my best wishes as they work to get their health back. They are nice people.

Duane and his wife have been through some very trying times lately. You can read about it on their website - Arrowhead

They are still trying to make things right on old orders, etc. They won't be accepting new orders until they have taken care of old business.

They have my best wishes as they work to get their health back. They are nice people.

They are some of the nicest people I've met in the modeling community. I wish them both the best.

I read the letter on the web site and I hope and pray for everything to return to "normal"

The fact that new orders are not being taken until all previous orders are filled is good.....Time will tell

Also Hizoot.....saw the Willys in the contest issue..still killer!!:lol:B):lol:

• 9 months later...

I placed an order about 1 year ago and my money was returned.

I placed another order October 2011 and still haven't received my order or a refund. They're web site said it takes more than 30 days, but I'm now over 120. I have emailed them a few times and sent a letter asking for my parts. I am about to send another letter, again with a signature required. They have numerous ways to contact me for a status update.

In other model car forums, it is mentioned that Arrowhead sells their items at local car shows. If they have time to do that, they should certainly be able to handle online orders that they accept.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Has anyone else ordered from these guys? They have absolutely horrible customer service! I paid for my order on 1/11/15 and have not heard one single word from them since! No response to emails sent through their website or through an auction they have on Ebay! Not happy!

Just looked on PayPal and it says you can open a dispute up to 180 days from date of payment. I just opened a dispute and if they don't respond, it will close on April 6th.

There is NO EXCUSE for not answering emails!!!! If you can take people's money, you can answer an email! Sickning how some people do business! >:I

Edited by Ben

Funny, NOW I get an email from them after I opened a dispute in PayPal! Telling me that I need to close the dispute or my shipping label can't be created. Yea, so I can wait two more months!?!? No, I think I'll leave the dispute open!