Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang Milano and Mach II

vamach1

What I would not give to see both of these done in 1/24 or 1/25 scale as kits.  At over $100 each for a 1/43 diecast, that's pretty pricey but I guess they know they are the only game in town.  The Milano looks a little off if you ask me but the Mach II looks pretty good.

IMG_3668.PNG

IMG_3669.PNG

Greetings,

I've seen them up close, and indeed they are nice.  Certainly each represent eclectic fodder for the Ford enthusiast and in a sense are overdue in scale.  The cost of each is rather steep, while on the other hand, who would take the time to tool them again or in a larger scale at that?  If you aren't already aware of the existence of such, do follow the link to be afforded a '69 Super 8 film taken during an open house at Kar Kraft in Brighton, MI.  Some Mach II material is seen, along with a wide range of all that KK was doing during in-period.  Believe me when I say that it's stunning:

https://www.facebook.com/BrightonAreaHistoricalSociety/videos/kar-kraft-1969-by-larry-lawrence/2461333023315/

Mike K./Swede70

Edited by swede70

36 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I've never seen/heard of the Milano before, but it looks like you could build it out of a '69 Shelby kit. Lotta work of course, but looks like the Shelby would be a good starting point. 

To me it kinda looks like a cross between a Shelby Mustang and a Torino.

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

I've never seen/heard of the Milano before, but it looks like you could build it out of a '69 Shelby kit. Lotta work of course, but looks like the Shelby would be a good starting point. 

Yes - a lot of work in the back and that gille is very unique.

IMG_3674.PNG

IMG_3675.PNG

3 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Yes - a lot of work in the back and that gille is very unique.

IMG_3675.PNG

I wonder if a '70-'74 Challenger body would be good for those rear quarters? 

Yeah, I think if one really wanted a model of this bad enough, it would be do-able....B)