Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Ford Mustang Interceptor

stitchdup

This was built from the revell cobra. The wide arches are plastic spoons trimmed to fit, and the side skirts are the handles. The interior is completely stock to the kit. The engine is from the kraco indy car with a dodge gearbox and mounted high for a slight steampunk/sema shocker look. I decided against continuing the arches into the bumpers as I liked seeing most of the tyres from the front and back. The white stripes are finger nail tape, while the red and yellow paint are duplicolour acrylic i found half way through the paint that i didn't have any blue acrylic so had to use enamel instead. One of my friends inspired the paint when he said it looks like something from mad max. I made the roof spoiler from scraps and added a second spoiler to the stock one. I know its not to everyones tastes but it was fun to think outside the box and build something completely different. The blue lights in the grille were done with molotowe mixed with blue acrylic from a paint pen set. My one cricism of the mustang kit is the lack of decent mounting for the bumpers (they just wont stay on for long)  but otherwise its a good kit

46846670382_ae69ed0584_b.jpg

46173829054_e0f998b120_b.jpg

46173828544_99bb9ccd24_b.jpg

46846669352_6fb39d0de9_b.jpg

46846668262_1097603b89_b.jpg

Edited by stitchdup

15 hours ago, stitchdup said:

I know its not to everyones tastes but it was fun to think outside the box and build something completely different.

Now that is the most colorful apocalyptic car build I have seen so far. It sure is fun to look at and I see some really good ideas went into that (using spoons, to begin with). And man, that really IS some turbo! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/03/2019 at 9:50 PM, FredRPG said:

I like the aggressive fender flares. If you have time could you share the process.

I removed the stock arches from the mustang and then assembled the chassis with the wheels. I used them as a guide for gluing the spoons on, and the stock arches were used to give the edge detail and also helped give the spoons some more shape and remove the bubble look. There's some pics in the build thread on here that might show this better than my explanation