Model Cars Magazine Forum

Koenig Mercedes 500SL

Dann Tier

Hey, everyone!, i'm trying to see if I can get this VERY basic kit done in one month. I started it on March 1st, and I think I may be able to do it! My hardest challenge was to NOT fix everything, but pick and choose what I NEEDED to do. The interior tub was an embarracement. As you can see, all the white bits, are the things I needed to SB. The interior doors weren't even scribed!!!

1190825-27767-14-pristine.jpg

hqdefaultGCMM4HBS.jpg

DSCF7886.JPG

DSCF7884.JPG

DSCF7888.JPG

DSCF7915.JPG

DSCF7918.JPG

DSCF7919.JPG

DSCF7920.JPG

DSCF7921.JPG

DSCF7913.JPG

DSCF7914.JPG

DSCF7917.JPG

Here we have the interior bits in their main kolors...There is going to be Knarlwood accents, and I've decided to take out those PE speakers...I tried tamiyas liquid cement, and as you can see, they really look like a dogs dinner...

DSCF7929.JPG

DSCF7930.JPG

DSCF7932.JPG

DSCF7954.JPG

DSCF7956.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Never seen one built, so looking forward to it. I like your personal challenge - to restrain your SBing!

These fujimi curbside kits are all basic, and don't come with any door cards. It really annoys me!

Your build is coming along really well! Good luck with your deadline

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:11 AM, Funkychiken said:

Never seen one built, so looking forward to it. I like your personal challenge - to restrain your SBing!

These fujimi curbside kits are all basic, and don't come with any door cards. It really annoys me!

Your build is coming along really well! Good luck with your deadline

Thanks, bud!!

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:34 PM, kelson said:

love the interior work!!,i have a few fujimi kits and the interiors are usually pretty barren<_<

Thanks, Curtis!!, I have a number of these Koenig curbside kits, but the testarossa version is pretty much more detailed than the rest.