Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Boss

Hard_2_Handle_454

When I found out that this model was coming out I almost cried.  If it wasn't for the 1969 Mustang I would never have become a car guy and would never have gotten into model car building.  By chance, one Sunday while getting ready for church, I passed a show on SPEED TV called the American Muscle Car and the 1969 Mustang was the subject of the show.  They made the car sound like the greatest thing ever built and I became hooked on cars from that day forward.  I watched the show every week, absorbing as much knowledge as I could.  The color is Blue Angels Yellow.   I had two issues with an otherwise excellent kit.  The hood did not fit right, and the stripes for the hood got messed up, so i have to order new ones.  Haven't had a chance to put on the clear coat yet.

33660500818_b9f86ae6b1_k.jpgSAM_0450 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

32594811327_c416d33ab4_k.jpgSAM_0451 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

Very nice model Eric.  I have not bought this kit yet but I plan too in the near future.  By the way, I feel your pain with respect to stripe decals on some of these cars.  I have yet to master it.  When they go on straight and true, I jump for joy.  Then the next one goes on and I cry in pain as it wrinkles, folds, or lays at some funky angle.  

1 hour ago, Slimguy said:

Very nice model Eric.  I have not bought this kit yet but I plan too in the near future.  By the way, I feel your pain with respect to stripe decals on some of these cars.  I have yet to master it.  When they go on straight and true, I jump for joy.  Then the next one goes on and I cry in pain as it wrinkles, folds, or lays at some funky angle.  

It's not a bad kit at all.  The strips folded in on themselves as I was trying to put it on and I could not get it undone.  Sucked.