Model Cars Magazine Forum

McQueen's $1.3m Le Mans Porsche 911S in 1/32, by Arii

Matt Bacon

The Arii "Owners Club" kit is simple (with only about 25 parts) but nicely shaped and crisply-moulded. It has a one-piece chassis and no engine, but does at least come with alternative regular and Fuchs wheels. You need those for the McQueen car, which occupies the screen for most of the first 3 minutes of 'Le Mans" and sold at auction for $1.3m a few years back (which provides some excellent reference photos on the RM Sotheby's site).

with-book-4.jpg

It's not big:

with-tamiya-paint-pot.jpg

lower-left-front-2.jpg

low-rear-left-2.jpg

left-profile.jpg

rear-view.jpg

low-rear-right.jpg

right-side.jpg

right-profile.jpg

front-right-corner.jpg

with-935-on-left-XL.jpg

with-935-on-right.jpg

It was finishing the 935 that triggered me getting this out of the stash as a "compare and contrast"... there's about 10 years of 911 evolution separating the two...

best,

M.

Nicely done build in 1:32 scale, Matt..... just shows what can be done with a kit that has only 25 parts ! This was exactly the same reaction that I had to the 1:24 scale Minicraft Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud kit, which has only 26 parts..... but to my surprise the body was very accurate and nicely moulded like your Porsche.

David

Thanks, guys... much appreciated. Gonna get back to something in 1/24th, though it might still be a Porsche, since the '74 Fujimi Martini 911 Carrera RSR and the '77 Revell Martini 934 RSR have just landed on top of the stash pile...

best,

M.