Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Studebaker custom roadster conversion

Claude Thibodeau

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Matthew!

Is your built visible on this site?  I would like to see it...

CT

Unfortunately I don't have it posted on the site. Right now it is packed up in a storage shed. As soon as I get a chance I'll try to take pics and post it on here.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 9:47 AM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi!

Thank you gentlemen. I will enter it for the first time in a contest tomorrow. Curious to see how it will fare... More on that monday!

CT

Hi!

Show results: many comments from customs afficionados... but no trophy. With spectators' vote, you never know.

Vox populi... Vox Deii!

CT 

Well Claude having travelled to both Manitoba and more recently to Alberta to see our eldest son and his wife, knowing how the weather can be, I would choose the lid! Driving in winter where you are would be a bit chilly without the 'Lid'!

2 hours ago, landman said:

Where was the show Claude?

Hi Pat!

The show was here in Quebec city. It's called L'Exposition amicale des modèles réduits, and was held for the 19th year in a row. Very well run show, with about 6-700 models shown. We are been blessed to get  coverage in Contest Cars for the last 8 to 10 years. You should attend next year!

CT

4 hours ago, PatW said:

Well Claude having travelled to both Manitoba and more recently to Alberta to see our eldest son and his wife, knowing how the weather can be, I would choose the lid! Driving in winter where you are would be a bit chilly without the 'Lid'!

Hi Patrick!

My eldest daughter lived in Ft MacMurray for 8 years, and I visited Alberta twice, but alway in summer. great place! As to Québec city, we are under a foot of snow this morning, all trought the night. But with six cars on the bench under progress right now... who cares about the oudoors? The snow blower session is not schedule untill late pm, so...

CT

42 minutes ago, MeatMan said:

Sweet! I love the repurposed hood!

Hi Dennis!

I was surprised to see it fit with such a reasonnable amount of work. I cut a section of a leftover transparent twin-blower Stude hood to marry to the twin grille contour, and had it to reach as far up as I could before it veered into the blower hump, and adjusted (shortened) the Ford hood to fit. Nothing a bit of bondo couldn't take care of... I ended up filling the oem grille openings, and used a lower air intake to feed the radiator and squeeze in the "sliver" flashers. I wanted a different look from another Stude concept I built last year (see pix).

Hours of fun with styrene!

CT

DSCF3766 (2).JPG

50 minutes ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Pat!

The show was here in Quebec city. It's called L'Exposition amicale des modèles réduits, and was held for the 19th year in a row. Very well run show, with about 6-700 models shown. We are been blessed to get  coverage in Contest Cars for the last 8 to 10 years. You should attend next year!

CT

Well, we are planning to move to Eastern Ontario next year. Will be about 10 hours closer.

26 minutes ago, landman said:

Well, we are planning to move to Eastern Ontario next year. Will be about 10 hours closer.

Hi!

Well, formal invitation extended: I will pick the tab for our lunch upon your first visit. How's that for the "there is no free lunch anymore" mantra? Styrene rules!!!

CT