Model Cars Magazine Forum

General Music Discussion?

JollySipper

So, Primus is touring right now........ They're doing it as a tribute to Neil Peart. They are calling the tour "A Tribute to Kings". The Rush album "Farewell to Kings" is played in it's entirety along with some Primus songs.... Any of you guys going to any of the shows or wish you could? They will be in North Carolina a few times during the tour.

If I had someone to go with, I maybe would try to go to one.....

4 hours ago, JollySipper said:

So, Primus is touring right now........ They're doing it as a tribute to Neil Peart. They are calling the tour "A Tribute to Kings". The Rush album "Farewell to Kings" is played in it's entirety along with some Primus songs.... Any of you guys going to any of the shows or wish you could? They will be in North Carolina a few times during the tour.

If I had someone to go with, I maybe would try to go to one.....

Primus is one of the few bands I've wanted to see live but never had the chance. I REALLY wanted to see them when they toured with Tool in 2016. That would've been an awesome show.

Back to 8 Tracks.. in the early 1980s I worked in a department where they had an ancient 8 Track deck and speakers snaked everywhere. They had a large collection of donated tapes that played low as background music. It was rather pleasant.  

When I’d go to garage sales and I’d see interesting tapes for sale at a dollar or so I’d grab them and add them to the collection.

Then one day  there was dead air! The 8 track had died!  Everyone was bummed!  

Should be interesting.

Next weekend we're going to our first concert since fall of 2019.

Going to see some awesome Canadian bands. Our Lady Peace, I Mother Earth, and Danko Jones.

Here in Edmonton, we have this new venue concept. It's called the Together Apart concert series.

It's outdoors, and you're seated. You can buy a table for 2, 4, or 6 people. Your drinks, food, and merch are ordered through QR codes on the tables and are brought to you. 

No need to wander around or mingle with others. Which suits me just fine.

The only downside with this concept is that we're quite limited on how long the venue can be open. This year, it's basically the month of August. Kind of hard to do outdoor concerts in Canada all year round!

Super excited about this one.

19 minutes ago, Ctmodeler said:

My music taste is all over . Godsmack is my favorite band . But I'll also listen to rap country and rock from the 50's forward. Just something about that old music 

Then you should like these guys: B)

52 minutes ago, Ctmodeler said:

Um they're definitely unique for sure lol

That didn't sound enthusiastic. :unsure:

I really liked this one, but their second song wasn't quite as good (IMHO, and also evidently those of the judges) and they didn't advance beyond the first live show. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/16/2020 at 12:45 PM, ksnow said:

I grew up on hair bands and heavy metal. Still like all of that music, and newer heavy metal. While working in Europe, a guy turned me on to Sabaton. Awesome music and a fun way to learn some history.

I just discovered Sabaton a couple months ago. Absolutely kick-ass stuff! Here's a few of my favorites. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes when my Mom is out running errands, I'll get her to swing by O'Reillys to pick up whatever I may need paint wise...... She was perusing the perfect match rack looking for a particular color for me, when another color caught her eye. "This is a pretty color, TJ, and it has the flakes in it..... like , what you call it, Metallica."

She tries, though! and is 100% okay with me buying kits when I do, which I don't do very often.....

• 2 weeks later...

Gary Clark Jr is an amazing guitarist and songwriter.

I listen to his stuff a lot, especially here at work. Gotta have some background music throughout the day.

Wish he would do a Canadian tour.

I watched an interview with him about this song, and it's about his experiences when he bought a ranch in Texas.

• Like 1