Model Cars Magazine Forum

Joey Logano 2019 Pennzoil Mustang

Adrian2934

Post by adrian2934 on 3 hours ago

A New guy to this Forum, so thank you for the addition.

Well The 2019 Mustang has arrived and man when they say 'Independent Caster: NOT POWERSLIDE' they really meant it! lol 
But seriously even though this body is challenging me in new ways and is going to be a long time on the bench before I even hit primer,
I cannot complain at all because this guy has provided me and the modeling community with a body that Powerslide has yet to produce.
I don't know if they even will or anyone else for that matter - so I am a very happy camper as I dig into creating Joey Loganos' 2019 Ford
Mustang Pennzoil (all yellow) ride! 

I will try to post as many times as I can during the build, which is new for me and I'm not used to it so I will have to keep reminding myself
to take pics as I go because I tend to 'head down and plug away'

*Donor kit for this body is Revell 2018 Ford Fushion (Shown)*

Read more: http://race-car-models.proboards.com/thread/1825/joeys-mustang-arrived?page=1#ixzz6AlR8nJXo

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

THAT's not a small challenge!  While I agree the outside looks great from what I can see, I also see inconsistencies in thickness on the inside.  You definitely have your work cut out for you. I'm not knocking the person that did this, but a few minutes more would have knocked the casting out of the park.

On 1/13/2020 at 7:50 AM, MarkJ said:

Did they cast that body from a diecast body?

Mark, if it is the guy I think it is, he took the Fusion body from the Revell kit and modified it to make the Mustang.  His work is on Randy Ayers site. 

20 hours ago, Jim N said:

Mark, if it is the guy I think it is, he took the Fusion body from the Revell kit and modified it to make the Mustang.  His work is on Randy Ayers site. 

Thanks, Jim. Well that's good to know. There might be fit issues if the die cast body was used. I once bought a resin impala body that I'm pretty sure was made from a diecast and if you compare it to the revell kit impala body its noticeably bigger. I had to use a 1/24 scale kit for the chassis for it. I did that build before the snap kit revells came out.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, Jim N said:

Yeah Jim, German builder did the conversion using the Fusion kit.

Edited by martinfan5