Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Sox & Martin 'Cuda Pro Stock

Guy Beaudette

On 3/2/2020 at 2:11 PM, Guy Beaudette said:

Alan,

Just posted pics of the Maverick.  Boy Al, that would be a ton of work postings the build up pics. I should write a book! 

I think what I'll do for now is just post pics of the built ups. If anyone, (and no one as of yet), ask any questions about something, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Thanks Alan!

Guy

Another superb job on the Cuda, killer build! I'm a Mopar guy and it's one of my favorite body.

I agree with you about all the work of posting all the build up pics. I got myself into this process with the '64 Dodge D100 Pickup I'm actually building and it's really time consuming but I do think it worth it.

Again, great work here!

Cheers, Francis

I have to ask.  Who makes the shoulder harness/belt brackets?  What material is used for the harness itself?  Did you scratch build the “leather” flap on the end?  If so, what paint is used to resemble leather?  Thanks again, Ron.

1 hour ago, R. Thorne said:

I have to ask.  Who makes the shoulder harness/belt brackets?  What material is used for the harness itself?  Did you scratch build the “leather” flap on the end?  If so, what paint is used to resemble leather?  Thanks again, Ron.

R. Thorne,

Good morning,

Ask away! I love questions! That's how we learn. The belt brackets, latch, and that leather flap is all made from .010" thick sheet plastic. No after market stuff.  The flap is acrylic paint which is Burnt Sienna, and can be found at Hobby Lobby for cheap. The belt material is actually Tamiya masking tape painted with acrylic black. 

Attached is the picture I found on the Internet of the belt assembly which I used to replicate it.

Guy

seatbelts.jpg