Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Sox & Martin 'Cuda Pro Stock

Guy Beaudette

6 hours ago, Force said:

Very nice replica.
As Bills72sj said, the Keystone Classic wheels needs some black detailing, otherwise it's very good.

Thank you! The wheel inner portion can be either black which you said or a dull aluminum color. They're staying as is..

Guy

19 hours ago, Alan said:

Not to mention Guy has scratch built many items as he always does. Eg. the headers and intake are a couple scratch built items on this one. The body is the MPC 70 Cuda.

He is one of THE best builders that is for sure.

Alan

Hey there Alan,

Hope you're doing well. Thank you for the kind words!

Guy

"otherwise it's very good"....?

I have to laugh now.  I don't know of anyone online that can build a better model kit, with such a precise attention to detail and such an excellence in presentation, than this fellow.  Granted, I've seen his other works, but this is not an issue here, agreed.

What we have here is in my opinion just sensational!  Period.

Look at the door lines to the body.  The doors open too.  The praise could, and should go on for hours. This is a model to be looked at and studied.

I dare to write, this new member makes the most realistic kit cars that I've with my recently achieved 69 years, have ever seen. 

I'd also like to add, we've never had private messaging contact.

4 hours ago, Mike Williams said:

"otherwise it's very good"....?

I have to laugh now.  I don't know of anyone online that can build a better model kit, with such a precise attention to detail and such an excellence in presentation, than this fellow.  Granted, I've seen his other works, but this is not an issue here, agreed.

What we have here is in my opinion just sensational!  Period.

Look at the door lines to the body.  The doors open too.  The praise could, and should go on for hours. This is a model to be looked at and studied.

I dare to write, this new member makes the most realistic kit cars that I've with my recently achieved 69 years, have ever seen. 

I'd also like to add, we've never had private messaging contact.

Mr. Mike Williams,

Sir, I am totally flattered from the words that you wrote about my work. I am guessing you are a professional writer, because sir, if you're not, you should be. It's people like you, and your words that spur me on to try and do better!

Thank you very much Mike.

Guy

19 hours ago, Guy Beaudette said:

Thank you! The wheel inner portion can be either black which you said or a dull aluminum color. They're staying as is..

Guy

Yes they were appearently available both ways, according to my references it looks like Sox & Martin used the black version on most of their cars.
But I understand it's a bit late to change and the build looks fantastic anyway.

Edited by Force

1 minute ago, Snake45 said:

I THOUGHT it looked better than the current Revell kit. B)

Of course it does. So very disappointed with that Revell body. The kit parts are done really well. The body, not so much. OK, with that, I wanted to do this car a while ago, and when word got out Revell was doing a '70 Hemi 'Cuda, I was ecstatic! When I finally purchased TWO of the Revell Hemi 'Cuda kits, and opened the box, I nearly fainted. WHAT DID THEY DO!!!!! Plan "B". Hit up Ebay for a original MPC '70 'Cuda kit. I know that body is decent. The rest is history... 

15 minutes ago, Guy Beaudette said:

Of course it does. So very disappointed with that Revell body. The kit parts are done really well. The body, not so much. OK, with that, I wanted to do this car a while ago, and when word got out Revell was doing a '70 Hemi 'Cuda, I was ecstatic! When I finally purchased TWO of the Revell Hemi 'Cuda kits, and opened the box, I nearly fainted. WHAT DID THEY DO!!!!! Plan "B". Hit up Ebay for a original MPC '70 'Cuda kit. I know that body is decent. The rest is history... 

Guy, you should post some progress pics of this so everyone can see things like your trunk "cam" that holds it open or the carb builds. Every part it seems is a kit all on it's own. As a follow up, how about your Dyno Maverick and some progress shots of those killer headers just to mention one of the multitude of scratch built items on your life like works of automotive art. Glad to see you are sharing what you do with us. Please keep posting my friend, large file pics so all can see the details in your craftsmanship!!!

Alan :) 

26 minutes ago, Guy Beaudette said:

I hear ya. I want to build this car, so recently picked up a glue bomb '71 JoHan version of it; the plan is to put the Revell grille into the JoHan body and then pick the best pieces from both kits for the rest. 

And then I have a NIB JoHan '71 which I'll also do just to show the difference between straight OOB and a full bashed effort. 

15 minutes ago, Alan said:

Guy, you should post some progress pics of this so everyone can see things like your trunk "cam" that holds it open or the carb builds. Every part it seems is a kit all on it's own. As a follow up, how about your Dyno Maverick and some progress shots of those killer headers just to mention one of the multitude of scratch built items on your life like works of automotive art. Glad to see you are sharing what you do with us. Please keep posting my friend, large file pics so all can see the details in your craftsmanship!!!

Alan :) 

Alan,

Just posted pics of the Maverick.  Boy Al, that would be a ton of work postings the build up pics. I should write a book! 

I think what I'll do for now is just post pics of the built ups. If anyone, (and no one as of yet), ask any questions about something, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Thanks Alan!

Guy

1 minute ago, Guy Beaudette said:

Alan,

Just posted pics of the Maverick.  Boy Al, that would be a ton of work postings the build up pics. I should write a book! 

I think what I'll do for now is just post pics of the built ups. If anyone, (and no one as of yet), ask any questions about something, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Thanks Alan!

Guy

You SHOULD write a book!!! It would be a hit within this community that's for sure !

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

I hear ya. I want to build this car, so recently picked up a glue bomb '71 JoHan version of it; the plan is to put the Revell grille into the JoHan body and then pick the best pieces from both kits for the rest. 

And then I have a NIB JoHan '71 which I'll also do just to show the difference between straight OOB and a full bashed effort. 

Snake45,

We found out through taking measurements that the Johan Sox & Martin '71 'Cuda is undersized. Not 1/25th scale. With that said, the Revell grill may work on the Johan body. Good luck!

Guy