Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 Willys

carcrazy19

So its been a long time since I posted something. I haven't been at the bench for a while and had a couple of projects just sitting idle. This one me got back into building and now I've started another build while I finished this one. This kit I built for my youngest daughter whom I was surprised asked  me to build her model. She likes pink so I painted it Electric pink. Not a color I would choose for any of my builds, honestly, I don't like this color but pink is her favorite and when she saw it she loved it. I didn't mock it up like I normally do when I start my builds but with this one I just went with it. I didn't do much detailing, it was all about the color. It doesn't sit on all fours wheels which is a pet peeve of mine when I'm finishing a model but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. She is going to like it anyway, hopefully. I think it turned pretty good. Well I just wanted to post it to show. Glad to be at the bench again.

IMG_2985[1].JPG

IMG_2986[1].JPG

IMG_2987[1].JPG

It's cool your daughter asked you to build her a model. You did an excellent job even with the hiccup. I would think she will really like it.

I like "hot" pink myself. I think it's a great  color choice for some vehicles. This Willys proves it.