Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wired Distributor

Slotto

20200828_114220.thumb.jpg.d7500d6eb2fc2d9988a28d38edc82dd4.jpg

Today I made up some distributors with leeds. I ran across an old PS2 mouse so I thought I'd take it apart. Inside were 7 different colored wires about the same scale size used for spark plug wires. I took a trip to the craft store and scored some necklace fasteners. This serves as the distributor. I stripped the mouse cord to liberate the wires and cut them down to size. Then I super glued the wires in place. I like to mix it up sometimes and match the wires with the car body color. Whatcha think?

Edited by Slotto

32 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

They look good but I hope your wires are long enough. I make some with aluminum tubing that I cut to length with a small hobby tubing cutter.  I leave mine pretty long, I can always stuff it into the engine block or cut it shorter but not the other way!

Thanks guys, Tom, they all range between 1 1/2" to 2" long. They are plenty long enough

13 hours ago, Slotto said:

Thanks guys, Tom, they all range between 1 1/2" to 2" long. They are plenty long enough

Cool!  One suggestion, they have holes in the bottom, which look good to mount on straight pins. I stick in and then glue a straight pin as a mount. Just cut the pin to length with wire cutters

Edited by Tom Geiger