Model Cars Magazine Forum

ALF Fire Chief Updated 9/21

Well, I'm going to cast the blame squarely on Dan and Gregg for this... Y'all are a bad influence.... So, thanks, Guys....

After checking out the links and talking to Dan for a while,I came to the realization that I just have to do a dual axle setup for this one... All the ones I've seen, including Gregg's look too awesome not to have in my collection....

Gonna add my own ideas to this baby, though... Going to use Moebius wheels and tires for this one, as well... Floats up front and duals in the rear... Here's what I've got, so far...

#########20200919_201245.jpg

#########20200919_204351.jpg

#########20200919_204721.jpg

#########20200919_210138.jpg

#########20200919_210511.jpg

#########20200919_211606.jpg

I think these are the main inspirations for this build...

Keep in mind that the truck I'm about to build is my interpretation of what I think this truck could look like...

Totally not trying to "replicate" any particular example of these...

##########ALF1212029.jpg

I will retain the closed cab, but with the separation body work in the middle of the dual axle...

Pictured below....

########ALF1211314.jpg

########ALF141899.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

On the outrigger you might find some later models had longer outriggers. You'll need another kit to do those. To detail them use thin cardstock or 010 sheet styrene to cover the plates to hide the holes where the plate swivels from the outrigger.

1912212223_P1000542-Copy.JPG.8c3f636df28937e65c138bf820553f2e.JPG

1455534058_P1010193(2)-Copy.JPG.afd72487978dd1d694f043febba0d0dc.JPG

Just helping with ideas, you are the chief

greg

2 hours ago, GLMFAA1 said:

On the outrigger you might find some later models had longer outriggers. You'll need another kit to do those. To detail them use thin cardstock or 010 sheet styrene to cover the plates to hide the holes where the plate swivels from the outrigger.

Just helping with ideas, you are the chief

greg

Oh, yeah... Dude!! I WELCOME your input on this project...Although, this is strictly flight of fancy, for me, I do want it to look as though it could be built in the real world...

I was checking those out, and I had these in mind... Per the link you gave me, actually... I was thinking about these with the oversized pads...

########ALF81189.jpg

14 hours ago, GLMFAA1 said:

When you cruise through the site check out the Youngstown, Ohio rig. It had a long life in the department only to be damaged by a falling wall and rebuilt as a ladder truck then sold to a Pennsylvania volunteer fire department.

greg

Yeah, that's the blue one... I love that one... That's all you had to say... That one looks so cool... Exactly what I mean... This thing can go in so many directions... I loving that link, by the way... Thanks, again, for posting it... The ideas just keep hitting me in the face... ? There's a green one on there that I rather fancy, as well...

Edited by kilrathy10

Got a smidge more done, today...

Cab and rear boxes are just loose fit to facilitate painting...

The overall length is pretty impressive... I think I may have to pattern a race rig after this one... I see another future project coming... ?

##########20200921_141835.jpg

##########20200921_142233.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10