Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Chevy S10 Street Sleeper Custom ,Whats In The Box

martinfan5

Figured it was a good idea for this thread, a few people keep posting the link to the video Tim at FSM did in the other old thread, cant hut to have fresh thread for the new kit,  but no bias here, I like my video better?

Edited by martinfan5

1 hour ago, martinfan5 said:

Figured it was a good idea for this thread, a few people keep posting the link to the video Tim at FSM did in the other old thread, cant hut to have fresh thread for the new kit,  but no bias here, I like my video better?

Not a fan of Tim's videos. They are painful to watch. I commented on here before that I could give one of my models to the 6 and 7-year old boys across the street and they could make a better video review than anything I have seen from Tim.

It appears there was a considerable amount of reorganizing and reworking of the mold. The (now transparent) tail lights have an entirely new runner around them, as do the small lenses, as seen in this screenshot from Jon's video:

image.png.2e7378e7cbb18c0531f066d0ab100980.png

Here's what the stand-alone tail lights looked like in the Waverider kit:

RevellS10WaveriderParts1.jpg.b230cd91aac8df7989012523e1256f13.jpg

And how the other transparent parts were laid out in the Waverider kit:

RevellS10WaveriderParts2.jpg.73daddd178aff9cbb3df5fec35da0e28.jpg

On 11/18/2020 at 8:49 PM, martinfan5 said:

Nice review Jonathan, but when you describe the kit in the beginning of the video, you state that it is 1:24 scale. The box art shows 1:25 scale. ;)

The clear plastic chin spoiler does seem a bit odd.

Edited by peteski

16 hours ago, peteski said:

Nice review Jonathan, but when you describe the kit in the beginning of the video, you state that it is 1:24 scale. The box art shows 1:25 scale. ;)

The clear plastic chin spoiler does seem a bit odd.

Haha, whoops,  that was a mistake, thank you for letting me know.

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2020 at 12:06 PM, Jordan White said:

What’s the piece next to the windshield? It almost looks like the piece that mounts under the grille.

Yep!! You spotted it!. I thought it was one of those tinted plastic hood leading edge protectors when I first spotted it. But when he placed it next to chrome grille it was clear (see how I did that?) what it was meant for.