Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale Motorsport 935 Super Detail Kit

Roncla

Scale Motorsport are re releasing their Super Detail kit for Tamiyas' 1/12 scale Porsche 935 for those with really deep pockets...

https://scalemotorsport.com/collections/super-detail-kits/products/porsche-935-big-scale-super-detail-kit

No mention of price from Scale Motorsport but Spot Model are  listing it....

https://www.spotmodel.com/product_info.php?products_id=55048

I bought one when it was originally released back in 2003. I can't remember what it cost by the time it arrived here back then but it was so much  I chose to forget that quickly.

It is in a class of its own as far as quality and detail goes but the cost could be the constraining issue for most.

935BoxTopPresentation_1024x1024.png

I'm looking into this. I have their 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 complete kit and it is second to none. I am thinking if I am to build such things I may as well start them sooner than later. Between these and my MFH EL Harley I have enough for at least 4 years of highly detailed model building and everything thing in my stable will get passed on to others.

I'm that serious about these projects i have planned. Thanks for the update.

1 hour ago, Dragline said:

I'm looking into this. I have their 1/20 McLaren MP4/4 complete kit and it is second to none. I am thinking if I am to build such things I may as well start them sooner than later. Between these and my MFH EL Harley I have enough for at least 4 years of highly detailed model building and everything thing in my stable will get passed on to others.

I'm that serious about these projects i have planned. Thanks for the update.

Built two of them.  It is really a serious commitment but results in a truly spectacular build.  The last on I did won best auto at IPMS Nats and best large scale at GSL. You will see more of it when the SMS advertising comes out. 

3 hours ago, Roncla said:

Scale Motorsport are re releasing their Super Detail kit for Tamiyas' 1/12 scale Porsche 935 for those with really deep pockets...

https://scalemotorsport.com/collections/super-detail-kits/products/porsche-935-big-scale-super-detail-kit

No mention of price from Scale Motorsport but Spot Model are  listing it....

https://www.spotmodel.com/product_info.php?products_id=55048

I bought one when it was originally released back in 2003. I can't remember what it cost by the time it arrived here back then but it was so much  I chose to forget that quickly.

It is in a class of its own as far as quality and detail goes but the cost could be the constraining issue for most.

935BoxTopPresentation_1024x1024.png

If memory serves me, I believe they were $525 at the time.  I had my hands on 6 of them.  Two I built on commission and I still have 4.

41 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

I went to the website and got flooded with junk......got out.

They have a few pops up to be notified, but AdBlocker Plus can take them out. Nothing harmful. Go to the Spot  Model site, where the price is listed.

$200 kit and $1081.05 for the detail set puts the admission price at almost $1300, but insanely detailed with 180+ machined aluminium parts.

Edited by Casey

6 hours ago, The Creative Explorer said:

I got the reference CD of the 935 from Scalemotorsports, what a enormous let down..... waste of money. Sure, there are pictures, but they lack quite a lof of pixels.

Have to remember how fast technology changes, these were state of the art when introduced. My wife is currently working on transferring old videos to mp4 files and she is working on our honeymoon, we bought a new camcorder, state of the art Sony - 2.8 megapixels!! This was in 2006 and according to the info above this transkit was released in 2003.

Robyn

17 hours ago, Robyn said:

Have to remember how fast technology changes, these were state of the art when introduced. My wife is currently working on transferring old videos to mp4 files and she is working on our honeymoon, we bought a new camcorder, state of the art Sony - 2.8 megapixels!! This was in 2006 and according to the info above this transkit was released in 2003.

Robyn

Even that considered, it was hopeless. I think I bought that cd in '06-'07. The pictures are lo-res and you can't zoom in anything. In that timeperiod, I bought my first DSLR camera, 14mp and it made great pictures. Paying a hefty sum for that cd was a huge disappointment.