Model Cars Magazine Forum

70.5 Camaro Promod

14 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

Wow that's some very impressive work. 

Thank you Scott, much appreciated

14 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Looks like it's ready to make some noise!

Thanks Daniel, i'm honored, but as soon as i can start making some parts the way you do it, i think will look more realistic

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 1:53 AM, Straightliner59 said:

Looking great, Marcos. It's really coming along!

Thank you Daniel, more to come soon

On 6/7/2023 at 10:03 AM, Ian McLaren said:

Great job Marcos, these have to be one of the most difficult drag race vehicles to model and yours is going to be a stand out for sure!

Thanks for the amazing comment Ian, yes i agree with you, this is the most difficult race car to build but i love them a lot LOL

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Tortuga Kustomz said:

Thanks brother

Oh yea,no problem,but yea,like i said,it really does look great.Um,this might be just a stab in the dark,but do u have any built/or partially built pro mod builds that you might be willing sell?I just had to ask.Lol.You can PM me,or whatever.

Thanks.

On 8/9/2023 at 1:32 AM, NYLIBUD said:

Oh yea,no problem,but yea,like i said,it really does look great.Um,this might be just a stab in the dark,but do u have any built/or partially built pro mod builds that you might be willing sell?I just had to ask.Lol.You can PM me,or whatever.

Thanks.

Thanks bro, I like to start and finish a project, I don’t have any partial work in progress, but I do have some project that I’ve been putting together, maybe you can get interested in one of those, let me know 

On 8/9/2023 at 2:16 AM, Straightliner59 said:

Wow! This is really moving along, Marcos. Good job, man!

Thanks man, really do appreciate it 

here’s another update, not much for me it is, first time applying clear pearl to any of my models, and I’m extremely happy how this thing is turning, no wet sanding yet, next step is decals 

IMG_8945.jpeg

IMG_8946.jpeg

IMG_8947.jpeg

IMG_8949.jpeg

IMG_8951.jpeg

• Like 1

Here’s another update guys, just finished adding the decals and they came out better then I thought, all decals are from slixx, now just need to wait couple of day and have a sunny day to shout the final coat of clear, hope you guys like it, still need to work on some details like the parachute, door windows and glass, hope to do those things soon 

IMG_8986.jpeg

IMG_8987.jpeg

IMG_8989.jpeg

IMG_8990.jpeg

IMG_8991.jpeg

IMG_8992.jpeg

IMG_8994.jpeg

IMG_8996.jpeg

IMG_8997.jpeg

IMG_8999.jpeg

IMG_9002.jpeg

IMG_9005.jpeg

IMG_9008.jpeg

IMG_9012.jpeg

IMG_9013.jpeg

IMG_9014.jpeg

IMG_9015.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

I've seen this one elsewhere but didn't see it here until now. I'll be watching this one Marcos!! 

Thanks Joe, yes didn't make any progress post on this forum in a while, going to continue with the upcoming projects for sure

13 hours ago, Rattlecan Dan said:

That's a gorgeous looking ton of work. Great job.

Thanks Donato, really do appreciated

12 hours ago, John B. said:

Very nice - everything fits together like just the real thing!

Thanks John, was a lot of fittings here and there to get to that point LOL

5 hours ago, Holdon Coupe said:

That is a work of art. Fantastic build and finish

Thanks for that awesome comment my friend

Looks great Marcos, you have done an excellent job on this model, my hat is off to you!  I just noticed you have Pearl Clear over the base colors, I just tried that today as I've had the can for quite a while, and I really like the effect.  I also have some original Murano Pearl I used on the Banzai Vega Panel that was used to paint the original car back in the 70's.  It seems to be a finer powder and a silver pearl and sprays quite well from my airbrush when the clear is highly diluted,  Easy to get even coverage but also useful for highlighting body lines.  Regardless pearl clear of one kind or another is going to remain the way forward.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ian McLaren said:

Looks great Marcos, you have done an excellent job on this model, my hat is off to you!  I just noticed you have Pearl Clear over the base colors, I just tried that today as I've had the can for quite a while, and I really like the effect.  I also have some original Murano Pearl I used on the Banzai Vega Panel that was used to paint the original car back in the 70's.  It seems to be a finer powder and a silver pearl and sprays quite well from my airbrush when the clear is highly diluted,  Easy to get even coverage but also useful for highlighting body lines.  Regardless pearl clear of one kind or another is going to remain the way forward.

I think the pearl clear give another level of detail, I wasn't sure how this painting was going to turn out because it's the first time I've tried it and was one of my friend from my local club who told me to use it, and i love it, thanks for stopping by my friend