Model Cars Magazine Forum

Adding Tags To Threads

Xingu

If you start a new thread and want to make it easily searchable, you can add "tags" that will be displayed next to the thread when it is viewed in the forum.

Start the new thread and just below where you type in the title of the thread you will see " + Choose... " Click this and add your tags. There is a limit to the length of the tags (15 characters) and the number of tags that can added (I believe it is 3-5).

Keep the tags short and descriptive then you and other members can easily find the thread whenever needed.

When ready to search, just click on the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner of the display. On the next page, click "Search By Tags" enter the name of the tag and click the "Search Content" button. You may have to click the button twice.

• Xingu pinned this topic
1 hour ago, JollySipper said:

For the past while now, I've been tagging my finished "under glass" builds with the tag "jollysipper"...... That way anyone can click the tag and look at all the builds that I've tagged. It probably will make it easier to view my builds all in one place.....

Great Idea.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Mike C. said:

Is it possible to add tags to an old thread? 

Only if it's within the editing window time frame...so, not really.

You could try contacting Dave Ambrose and ask to use the magic editing key. 🧙‍♂️🗝️