Model Cars Magazine Forum

Apologies in advance to those of you out there who may not be fans of the TV show Futurama. But when I came across this glue bomb Thunderbird with no engine or hood and just a couple of tires, I knew what I had to do. I'm hoping to turn this green mess into something resembling the blue one in the picture. 🙂 This will be my first foray into the world of cutting and adding styrene and body filler so we will see how it goes!

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Found my back engines! Not much like the small cylindrical ones on the cartoon car but it's what I have on hand and I think it looks cool so I'm going with it. 😝

Pic 3.jpg

Pic 4.jpg

I've tossed around the idea ever since I first saw that episode; it cracked me up the way the salesman delivered the word "Thundercougarfalconbird" Will be interesting to see your interpretation.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of photos for anyone out there who may be looking. Not much progress on this one yet as I had to travel unexpectedly for work. However, I did get some seat time this weekend. Finished the internal combustion engine, began closing up the wheel openings, and cut out the fins. Thanks for looking.

Pic 5.jpg

Pic 6.jpg