Model Cars Magazine Forum

Calling it done, warts and all. I called myself diverting a little from a out of box build. I decided to install different wheels and tires, and a V8 engine. It did not turn out so well. I thought I had checked all clearances for the V8, it's a 350 from the 72 Nova kit, but I forgot about the firewall. The firewall caused the body not to sit all the way down and gives it too high of a look in the front. I guess I could have fixed it, but was ready to get through with the build.  I do like the redline tires and retro mags though. 

IMGP3988.jpg

IMGP3990.jpg

IMGP3991.jpg

IMGP3992.jpg

That came out quite well.

I built this one back in the Nineties and I recall having to file away some of the firewall to get it to clear the bellhousing on the transmission. Other than that, it's a great kit with lots of good detail.

David G.

17 hours ago, slusher said:

Very nice looking Chevy!

Thanks.

13 hours ago, David G. said:

That came out quite well.

I built this one back in the Nineties and I recall having to file away some of the firewall to get it to clear the bellhousing on the transmission. Other than that, it's a great kit with lots of good detail.

David G.

Thanks. I think that may be where the clearance issue is.