Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Chevy Step-side is now done!!

On 11/30/2021 at 1:03 PM, mustang1989 said:

Beautiful work Mike!! Stepped out of the forum realm for a while but am back now to see great builds like this one. 

Great to hear from you Buddy and thanks for the compliment!!    I have an '87 T'bird Turbo Coupe, the '57 Filp front Chevy and '62 Pontiac  Catalinain the works right now.

19 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Looks cool. 👍

Has kinda an '80s vibe going on with those turbine mags.

There was a burgundy '57 stepside in my town with those on it back in the '80s.

Well ,I never liked the Turbin's but I didn't want to buy wheels for it and found these in my limited stash and thought, well hey, they don't look half bad. I think the blach wash makes them stand out a bit.  Thanks Steve.

Hi Mike, great looking truck sir. That colour really shows all the curves of the body. Those wheels actually look really good on that! 
Just  a thought on the hood issue, I assume it’s the air cleaner. I have done 2 different approaches, modify the carb or air cleaner to get them lower, or a grind/sand of the underside of the hood. Doesn’t look like you need much. Having said that, it looks great and you are the only one that will notice it, we’re all our own worst critics.

Cheers, Steve

1 hour ago, Steve H said:

Hi Mike, great looking truck sir. That colour really shows all the curves of the body. Those wheels actually look really good on that! 
Just  a thought on the hood issue, I assume it’s the air cleaner. I have done 2 different approaches, modify the carb or air cleaner to get them lower, or a grind/sand of the underside of the hood. Doesn’t look like you need much. Having said that, it looks great and you are the only one that will notice it, we’re all our own worst critics.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve, and about the hood, I'm pretty sure I checked the air cleaner heigth and it was ok. Gotta be something else, it's done now and in the display case so like they say, it is what it is😃