Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Hemi 'Cuda

Plowboy

On 11/22/2021 at 5:34 PM, Mattilacken said:

Btw by reading some of the comments I noticed some of the changes you did to the body! Love the front end modification! Will do that to mine when I get around to it.

Thanx! Something I forgot to mention (and it helps greatly at final assembly) is I re-engineered the front end. After gluing just the valence to the fenders, I cut the valence and grille loose where the valence lines should be. The grille was then cut loose from the valence (this makes painting the grille simple). The rear valence got glued to the body permanent (anyone who's built this kit knows what a pain it can be to glue that piece in cleanly after paint and the chassis in the body). Come final assembly time, I installed the chassis rear first sticking the exhaust tips through. With no front valence, the front of the chassis simply slides straight up. Finally, I installed the grille, front valence and bumper. Sounds like a lot. But, it's super easy.

• Thanks 1