Model Cars Magazine Forum

24 hrs of Lemons build challenge...

disconovaman

Some of the guys from our local club did a 24hr challenge for the Lemons race yesterday. The theme was to make a Lemon model kit great or better in 24hrs. Gluebombs, uninspiring, models, or kits that have problems etc.. etc.. Bonus points if it fit creatively into the race Iike the cars you see in the actual race.

I chose to resurrect this 64 GTO build up... It was painted an ugly shade of Royal blue, so I cleaned, clear coated, and polished it. I added BMF and new wheels and tires. The OB went crazy with copper wire for details... I eliminated those too. The engine was welded to the frame so I just painted around it. Hope I did it Justice lol... thanks for looking...

20210912_185551.jpg

20210912_183938.jpg

20210912_185652.jpg

20210912_185246.jpg

20210912_185458.jpg

On 9/14/2021 at 7:07 AM, FLHCAHZ said:

They both look good

11 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

Wow very nice save on that GTO.

Thanks... yeah this has encouraged me to save more build ups... In the past I would get a gluebomb and almost instantly have a plan to rebuild it but latley I'm seeing the value in these builds. From now on I will consider the build before I re-work it in my mind. Albeit, with some builds I have no question. I love restorations and I'll always challenge myself... for example, I think this 57 is too far gone It will need a complete resto... 😆

tmpFShKvZ.jpeg